+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Couple seeking info on sperm donors

Hi everyone

My partner and I have recently made the decision to begin trying to start a family. We are a young lesbian couple living in Melbourne.

We have been given some vague advice to stay away from donor clinics in Melbourne and so have been looking into getting some from the States.

Does anyone have any experience/information about this? I read somewhere that you cannot ship international sperm to Victoria.

We need as much help as possible, where to begin etc. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Tess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wondered if you had considered finding your own donor or maybe considering co-parenting? I used a connection website called Pride Angel to help ind my donor and then used AI in order to conceive. It took a while but eventually found the right person to help! The connection site has donors and receients on so you can also post your own profile so people can look at you too! It may be worth a try? I think the more people you let know that you are looking for a donr the better chance you have of finding someone to help!! Godd luck, keep us updated on what you decide xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in Sydney and my fertility clinic imports sperm from USA, it is costly ($3K) but readily available to same sex couples. I guess you would need to come up here for insemination etc though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tesstara! Like wrighty said have you considered finding your own donor? I used FSDW to find mine and he is fantastic! I'm not yet UTD but have only had one try. Good luck with whatever road you and your partner decide to take!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, hows things? Did you decide on which route to take? I found it all very confusing in the beginning with all the different options. Hope you are both ok and not too overwhelmed by it all! best wishes xx