+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg donor wanted: A wish to live, love and laugh with a child of our own

We met at 19 and have loved and supported each other through many years even though we knew children would not come easily. Our pregnancy, long after it should have been possible, brought tears of joy and then such sorrow when it wasn't to be. Doctors tell us our only chance for a family of our own now, is an egg donor. If you can find it in your heart to consider helping please contact us at theherm573@gmail.com. All medical and associated travel expenses will be reimbursed.
    This advertisement has been approved by the Victorian Minster for Health, as required by s.40 of the Human Tissue Act 1982 (Vic) (September 2012).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that was the official advert above but here is a bit more detail
    We met while we were still just teenagers in New Zealand and now 25 years later we are 44 and 45.
    I am a dedicated and passionate health professional with a creative streak a mile wide. DH is into everything outdoors from ocean yacht racing to endurance multisport events and he’s a very intuitive problem solver working in green energy research. We have a rep with our friends for awesome desserts from me and the best bear hugs from DH. Both of us grew up in small communities with a strong emphasis on looking out for other people and the environment. At the moment we share our lives with two rescue cats, Phoebe the fatso and Pippa the pipsqueak. Both were sick when we found them and Pippa wasn’t expected to live so 8 years later we’re rapt to see them doing so well.
    Anyway, it was clear from the start that conceiving wouldn’t be straight forward for me. I only had a cycle once every 2 months and I also have a condition called vulvadynia. Doctors aren’t sure why it happens or what to do about it but it means sex is almost always painful for me. It tested us but it has made us stronger and I love DH so much for loving me and supporting me in spite of it. Years passed with studying, careers and travel and then when I had my first hot flush at 37 we believed it was too late but we thought we could accept that. Conceiving for the first time at 43 was very special to us, even though our baby developed severe heart failure and it was all over at 16 weeks. Now, we just can’t easily put all those feelings away again. To love, nurture and support a child as it grows would be such a special experience.
    We live in Melbourne, but we are happy to bring my uterus somewhere more convenient if it would help. For the sake of the child we are hoping for, we would prefer a known donor. However, respecting a donor’s wishes in what form that takes would be very important to us. Our clinic will accept donors 24-40.
    Please post a reply or pm me if you want to know anything.
    So that’s our story and thanks to everyone on the site for all the support- you are all very inspiring.
    Diana

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Diana

I hope your egg donor angel finds you soon

All the very best in your journey to parenthood

Cheers,

J

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayell For This Useful Post:

DianaB  (13-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews