+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your toddler eat....

Their dinner?

My toddler just hardly eats a thing for dinner, no matter what I give him! I don't feed him all afternoon except maybe a snack at 2 for afternoon tea. You'd think he'd be starving by dinner time!

He does however eat a big breaky, wheat bix, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit and ears a fair bit during the morning. Also has his milk morning and early arvo.

Thw only reason I'm not pulling my hair out with him is that he eats so well in the morning, but after his mid day nap, nada!

Your toddler??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My toddler is the same but at breakfast....I just offer healthy food and if she dosent eat or even ask for anything else I try not to stress!

I did find last week putting food in a Dora lunch box helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS only picks at dinner if he eats it all. He eats a lot for breakfast and snacks all morning. It makes me feel better if I give him plenty of veggies at lunchtime too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    See my bub is opposite she won't eat breaky. She starts off slow then eats a good dinner. When I say good not great but better than morning
    She just ate tuna pasta for dinner so I'm relieved for the day!
    Some days she won't even eat it's frustrating sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope and it drives me nuts. She eats well at breakfast/lunch time but refuses most dinners. I try to include veggies with lunch and not stress about it but it does get frustrating cooking dinner every night and having it rejected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine will only eat when she is hungry. Today dd1 had a small breakfast, huge lunch and avg dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! Dd is the worst! She hardly eats anything at all and then randomly she will polish off a massive plate of food. We have tried everything but I think she's just not a big eater. Her weight and health is otherwise normal so I'm not too worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He does most of the time.
    Almost every toddler goes through the fussy stage.
    I found with my older child if I made her something else because she didn't eat her dinner it made it worse, her fussy stage lasted 3 years!!

With my son if he eats he eats if he doesn't he doesn't, it doesn't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD eats a good breakky and morning tea, hardly any lunch and then a good dinner. I've mostly given up stressing about it as she's a good weight so I figure she'll eat when she wants and needs to.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine have always eaten better earlier in the day. I made their dinner time lunch time, and would put their dinner away from the night before. They were much more open to trying foods at lunch time. Their evening meal became a light lunch type meal of a sandwich or scrambled egg or similar. Something they were familiar with and it didn't matter if they ate or not. Much.less.stressful.for.all.