+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Postpartum bleeding question? Tmi!

My little DD is 13 days old. For the last 3-4 days my bleeding has been very light and brownish so I figured I was nearly done.
    This morning I had a short soak in the bath and when I got up I had a gush of dark blood. Now I am having a moderate to heavy flow? I'm not sure if I should be worried or not- with my first DD 10 years ago I had retained placenta and needed a d and c but I remember that bring a lot more painful? Anyone had similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there yes I had similar and it was about the same time , 13-14 days old & I did have some pretty bad discomfort with a piece of placenta that passed within the night , then the flow reduced to brown and light again . I was told to breast feed as aften as possible to get my uterus to contract and get the blood & placenta out , which worked . So if you get pain go back to see your OBGYN but no pain it's probably normal PV loss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you, I do have slight cramping, will keep an eye out!

Similar Threads

1. Question about bleeding after C-Section
    By EternalOptimist in forum Caesareans
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13-08-2012, 07:37
  2. postpartum bleeding.
    By Sara87 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 23:38
  3. Postpartum girdle?
    By minniemousey in forum Caesareans
    Replies: 7