+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ever had someone spoil your news?!

So my eldest daughters now know about the baby, We were going to wait until after our 12 week scan next week before we told them they were going to be big sisters again due to a scare early on in the pregnancy.

Yesterday it was announced during the eulogy at my grandmothers funeral! Of all the places.

I told her in hospital that greatgrand baby number 18 will be with us in April, it was a really special moment to share the news with her... apparently she was so excited she told each and every visitor

So the girls look at me so confused in the church and I try to play off that there has been some sort of confusion... It seemed to work until we were at the cemetry and people are coming up talking about what wonderful news it was and that it was so nice that I could share the news with Nana before she died... I had to tell them then, Who would have thought that you would have to tell your children that I am pregnant at a cemetery! The girls are ecstatic about the news and are hoping for twins so they "can have one each"!

Not the way I planned to tell them but I feel so much better now that they know and they took it so well!

Has anyone else had someone announce your news before you could tell the key people about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes! And it still pi$$es me off.

With bub #2 we told our parents and told them not to tell anyone else as we wanted to tell everyone else ourselves. But I guess to my MIL that meant tell everyone! Within a day I had people messaging me saying congratulations, and I was only 6 weeks along. Then at 12 weeks I had a major bleed and I thought that I was misscarrying and I couldn't help thinking that I would have to tell everyone. Thankfully I wasn't misscarrying (although the bleeding came with its own complications).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes! I'm still seething over it 2 years later.
    We only told our immediate families and best friends. My best friend accidently said something that gave an idea that I was pregnant to an absolute b!+ch that I dislike. My friend tried to convince her that I wasn't pregnant, but within hours I was getting phone calls/messages from lots of people asking if I was. I still denied it and said that she was just taking crap and it worked lol
    I don't think it's anyone's business to tell people if it isn't common knowledge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, my boss did. I had taken some time off for IVF and had made some excuses. Once I was pregnant and had a few scans to go to, I spilt the beans to my boss telling him everything that I'd been going through and explaining the need to leave the office for the appointments. I figured I owed him an explanation and a good amount of time to find a replacement for my maternity leave. It was around week 10 or 11 I think and I was very worried about miscarriage.

Got into work a few days later and he'd told everyone! I was pretty ****ed off and even more anxious about the upcoming scan. I couldn't be enthusiastic about the pregancy at that point I was so worried, people must have thought it was unwanted! I don't think some people realise that you aren't keeping it a secret as some big surprise but because you don't want to put yourself through more trauma if it goes wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default No...

I didn't tell people I couldn't trust (my parents included) until after I was 14 weeks.

My father then went on to post news of the birth on Facebook minutes after I called him... Before I had told close friends. So for nr 2 my parents will be the last I call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I asked each person not to say anything as I wanted to tell people myself but unfortunately my wishes were ignored. The one that hurt the most was mil telling someone I don't particularly like.
    Mil was one of the first to be told and it wasn't her news to tell. It takes time to get over it but it does get easier!!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.

I had what I thought was a private conversation with a career adviser who proceeded to tell everyone at my new workplace, who called and told my CURRENT workplace.
    The day after the conversation I had with him, someone from my current workplace walked up to me and said "So what's this I hear about you being pregnant". I was going to talk to my boss after lunch about it (I was only 6 weeks at the time) and it was just before lunch.

I'm still furious about it. People kept walking up and asking me how far along I was etc, and when I said 6 weeks to one woman, she said "That's really early to be telling people isn't it?" to which I replied "I haven't told a bl00dy soul!".
    On top of that I find out that my higher ups are p!ssy with me because apparently I made them look bad, because they knew nothing about it when my new workplace called.
    If anyone says anything to me I don't know how I'm going to restrain myself from ripping them a new one. A private matter in my personal life has been bandied about the office like free gossip and my privacy was completely breached.

*grump*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not about the pregnancy itself, but my SIL posted on Facebook that we were having a boy. I wasn't against family and friends knowing we were having a boy, but I didn't want the whole world to know it! She is not very trustworthy though, hence why I didn't tell her about the pregnancy until I'd told literally everyone else first lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh yeah. It was early stages yet, and I hadn't told my grownup daughter (who lived away from home at that stage). I wanted to be the one to tell her. My mother made a point of discussing it on facebook, and all my friends jumped on the "congrats!" bandwagon. My daughter found out because one of HER friends saw the announcement and was teasing her about it!!
    She called me in tears beause she had been left out of the announcements and was very upset that she was the last to know! It's was especially painful as we lost the baby a few weeks after that announcement.

This time around I made sure NO ONE knew until I called her and told her myself FIRST. I now make it a point to NOT tell people things unless I want it slathered all over their facebook pages!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well thank goodness I am not the only one! I am laughing about it all now, I suppose it helps that they are happy about the news. they were going to find out this week anyway I guess.

VicPark - I was keping it very quiet, who would have thought a dying woman would share your news with the world

Eko - that is terrible! Please tell me you gave the career adviser an ear full!?

Some with you Bongly - could you do anything about your boss telling everyone? My boss has been so wonderful about it all with me, I suppose I forget how lucky I am. I needed to tell her early because she was so concerned about how tired I was and looking so pale...