+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Red face Can a baby latch onto small breasted mummy?

This is a bit embarrassing but I am very humbly endowed up there only 34A rare specie. With pregnancy, my boobs are only slightly larger. I do have perfect nipples and aerolas, they are the alert type.

I have been reading so much about babies having difficulty latching onto big breasts but havent read so with small breasts, which is my actual concern when I give birth next month.

Does that mean bub will have no problem latching onto my breasts? Are the nipples/aerolas all that matter? I am worried that my bub will have nothing to grab onto with his mouth!

Would love to hear any success with ladies in similar situation, or am I the only alien?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a bit tough for us in the beginning, not sure if it was because of small breast but most likely not because none of the lactation conultants i saw mentioned it. But it got better. And sometimes a little bonus when a long-time-no-see friend asked where you did your breast enlargement

Thanks
    Reviews
    A cup here and I had no probs feeding my two

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i think you'll be ok. a big breasted woman can have difficulties too... size doesn't really matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    14A and bub feeds fine. Doesn't latch on like the photos though, she clings on the end ore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Take it from a small breasted mummy.

He did fine from the start - and my small boobies quickly became quite nicely endowed and full of milky goodness. I BF him for 10 months.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, A former 'A' size cup here too. I breastfed all four children , even managed to feed my twin daughters without any bother. The trick is to learn the best way for you to position the bub and to be comfortable from the start. Remember it is a learning expierence for both you and the bub, so give yourself a few weeks to get established. I truly think larger breasted women have a more difficult time. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    An A cup here here too and I managed to breastfeed all 3 of my babies until past 12 months of age without a problem.

Pregnancy didn't really effect the size of my breasts but when my milk came in after they were born "Woah!!" they were suddenly huge! I remember DH walking in to the hospital when DD1 was 3 or 4 days old, my milk had come in overnight and and his eyes just about popped out of his head!! For the first time in my life I had a cleavage - and there was no way I was letting him anywhere near them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A cup here and my two fed fine. One of the best perks of being pregnant was having a cleavage LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like many others here, I am an A cup and had no issues with my boobs with all 3 kids. You'll be great!