+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Honestly honestly sex after 2 or more kids....

I mean when? Where? I have two kids , they are up at 6.00 bouncing on the bed.... They are around until maybe 7.30 pm but still having there wake ups , we are about to have number three and we don't have an extra bedroom.... So as with our others we will co sleep for fist year or so. House is open plan so bedrooms open to living room... No babysitters available...... Even this kid in stomach is like an immaculate conception! Ha ha I love my husband but my kids are really 24/7 and it's about to go one further .... Honestly I don't have the time for sex or an area to do it ( ha ha ) kitchen has no curtains and bathroom is just a slippery mess and even if we did kids have a built in chaperone machine like they know and wake straight away. Arggghhhh! I feel guilty as I love my husband ??

Am I alone here? Anyone else just not have the time or the privacy ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just have to be creative! I also have three kids aged 5, 3 and 7 months and our 7 m.o sleeps in his own cot but in our room and is still waking every 4 hours for a feed ...but, not matter how tired I am and regardless of how much I just want to "sleep" when I get into bed my husband and I try and have some intimate time at least once a week.

I'll be honest and say sometimes I am just going through the motions to begin with, and yes, sometimes a waking child interrupts us and after we've settled them the mood is lost but usually once I get into it I am glad I made the effort!

As for co-sleeping, if bubs is in your bed and sound asleep you may just have to throw the doona on the floor and not make too much noise!

I just find that if DH and I haven't had any "alone" time we bicker and argue a bit more over stupid things, but finding the time for us keeps us connected and reminds us who we were BC (before children!!!).

Goodluck with no. 3. It's crazy but wonderful

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stella marie For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder this with just the one baby! Have no advice but interested in others responses...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh this is a good one! We have one but have two teens coming regularly for extended periods (long story SILs)
    I find that we too seem to bicker if there's no intimate time for a while, DH def gets crabby! Anyway sometimes when DD would feed in the middle of the night I'd wake him up after :-) somehow he didn't mind!
    I suppose it depends on how old your kids are, if they are old enough to understand a locked room maybe tell them mum and dad need to 'talk' serious business and the door is closed only knock if you need something, sit them in front of the tv for 15/30min and voila' number 4 on the way :-) haha
    It hard but just take the moments that are available

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have three and we find it very difficult. Honestly I do prefer the bed as its more comfy. I know people say 'the bed isn't the only place doe s3x' but frankly I prefer it. Besides if we were dtd on the floor with a doona and the kids woke up (which they do) well its going to be hard to explain.

We actually wake 15 mins early and dtd quick....and I mean quick. I know it's not for ever and it Will get easier as they get older to have mummy and daddy time.

My suggestion is to talk to your dh about it...see how he feels and try and work out a strategy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We move kids out of our bed for a hour or 2. We always have the afternoon delight by distracting them with a movie/computer/chores etc....

We have 6 kids from 18yrs to 4 months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

PorkyPies  (29-09-2012)

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 4 kids.

When the kids are asleep so it's usually quite late or during the day we will get them watching a movie when baby is asleep or if older baby of the family put on something the toddler will watch and then we say "we need to go have a quick chat in our bedroom so be good and we'll get you a treat when we come back out" Our bedroom is the only room with locks so we can't be "stumbled upon" which if we did it in our living/kitchen area it's just off the kids bedrooms and far from private.

DD3 wakes between 1-4am most mornings to come in for a hug and fall asleep in our bed no way I'm waking up 'early' to beat her plus we're night owls and need what little sleep we do get.
    Last edited by TeamAwesome; 29-09-2012 at 10:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the couch!! lol. i could have written your post word for word. believe me, the couch is better than nothing.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "built in chaperone machine"I love it!

We struggle to find the time but moreso the energy. The only time that seems to work for us is if we go to bed a little early, usually cos we're buggered, and then w find a little extra energy heh heh. The kids seem to sleep best in that first couple if hours. Add a choo-sleeping newborn into the mix tho... sorry, no help but we have the same issues.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry typos, I'm on phone and it's too hard to edit...