+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red face could these be related?

ok so i had a blood test a couple months back and it came up that i had low calcium and vit d. which makes sense as i dont eat much dairy (dh is lactose intolerant) and dont go in sun much and have been having pain from my hips down (feels like someone is clamping my bones) for quite some time now which is a symptom of deficency.

was just wondeeing though if its possible that hot flushes, nausia, dizzy, dishorentation, and just a general feeling sick are related to low calcium and vit d. i have been feeling so sick lately and have been in so much pain. will be going to the doctors but i just want to know if its possible so i dont sound like an idiot.

just another question. i had a c/sextion 6 months ago and had gall bladder removal about 5 weeks ago and have been getting sooo much pain in both of those areas. i should be fixed by now right? the pain did stop not long after both surgeries but are now back.
    am in pain as i type this and it doesnt go away and is quite crippling sometimes.

grrr im so annoyed. im not that old so i shouldnt be having all of these problems. its really depressing.
    anyway if you could share your stories and stuff that would be great. thanks in advance lovelies

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have low calcium or vit D (that i know of) however I still get gallstone pain if I eat fatty foods. i also get pain in my scars, mostly cause pregnancy is causing me dehydration issues. My larger scar does split and crack a lot.. I moisturise it as it can get pretty bad.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do calcium and vit d help absorption of other vitamins and minerals? If so there's a good chance it could be affecting your overall levels. Is it possible you have an infection of some sort? If you're run down you might not be able to fight an infection off effectively. Hope you feel better soon!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (30-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i get nauseous, dizzy etc. due to hypoglycaemia - had suffered it for years but it wasn't diagnosed until i was pregnant and did the glucose test.
    since then i've been making sure i eat small meals, including raw nuts, oats etc. and staying away from anything with high sugar.
    but i agree with katherinelouise about other deficiencies. i know i definately have them (years of anorexia) and there are days when i feel about 60

Thanks
    Reviews
    excuse my ignorance but what is that ? i have suffered from anemia since 08/09 and only just recently have my iron levels gone back to normal. will ask for a blood test to see if there is any other underlying cause for this stuff. (have to order one to check my imunity to rubella as before dd i have no antibodies againt it despite having the injection when young and in 2009!) argh my body is so dumb. i want a new one!!! where can i order them from

i get sugar lows but as far as im aware i dont have anything diabetes. and if i have too much sugar i get a sick feeling in my heap and feel dizzy and stuff but its never worried anyone.

thanks for the help ladies.
    bf&p- my pain in the thmmyfeels deep down and not surface leve, is that the same as what you have gotten?

i dont know if it would affect other levels, will check it out with the doc. damn body haha

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Monkey.. My paid is Exactly the same as if I were having a gallstone attack. There is no back pain, it's not as intense. I had attacks that would lessen over 2-3 days, it's more like the end of the third day then the first one.