+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Endometrial scratch question

Has anyone had an endometrial scratch done before, that may be able to help me out?
    I have had 4 failed attempts at ivf so my doctor wanted me to have this procedure. This was done a little over a week ago and I had light spotting for the first half of the week, now for the last 3 days it has been quiet heavy and looks as though I am about to start a period but i never do. I called my nurse who could not give me a real answer as to why this is happening just only that she thinks it may be sensitive as my normal period would be due in the next few days (I am on the pill to prevent a period until my ivf cycle beings)
    l am a little worried as I have never had this done before and don't know anyone else who has had it done either.
    Hope somebody can help me out

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a biopsy, right? I had one done after my 3rd cycle, and was spotting for 3 or 4 days after. Bit heavier than spotting, but not near full flow IYKWIM. Cramping on and off, too. I don't have any answers for you, but thought you'd like to know others experienced the same things. Good luck with your results!

ETA - They had to use a clamp on my cervix, and my fs told me to expect more bleeding because of the additional irritation.
    Last edited by Rutabaga; 29-09-2012 at 00:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cheals,

I too had 4 failed ivf cycles. My FS also recommended the endometrial scratch for me last month when we done a dummy cycle for my FET.
    I after I had cramping for a few days and bleed moderate for 2 weeks till AF showed. So I was bleeeding for about 3 weeks... grrrr I was advised by the nurse this can be normal. But everyone is different. They think I might have just been a bit more sensitive.

I’m currently half way through my 2 week wait.

All the best for your results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cheals,
    I had this procedure two months ago, had spotting for several days and cramping and then got my period about 6 days after the procedure as it was due then. If you know for sure you are not suppose to be getting your period I woud be calling your FS for advice. Our nurses at the clinic are lovely and we are lucky that each FS has a nurse dedicated to them so they are very familiar with our history and where we are up to, however, every now and then I have got a nurse who is unfamilar and she has given information that was incorrect. Hope this has helped.