+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Braxton Hicks at 14 weeks

Arrrrgh!! I had braxton hicks with my first bub that turned to actual contractions two times with the 2nd time landing in hospital over night. I just cant believe they are starting this early. As soon as I rest they go away but if I'm up doing things or have to lift my 2 year old (16kg) they come back. My concern is these ones hurt. Well the ones in my last pregnancy hurt as well but I always thought of them as braxton hicks contractions rather than actual contractions.
    Sorry for the rant, just find it frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had braxton hicks from 16wks with my last preganancy (twins). I asked the doc about it and he said as long as they don't hurt then you have nothing to worry about. If they are hurting hun I would go get checked out just to be on the safe side. Hope all goes well for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whatwillbe For This Useful Post:

adearl  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my 3rd baby and ive had them for weeks now and im only nearly 20 weeks.
    Theyre so annoying, but not painful..maybe tell the doc theyre painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you taking magnesium? I had killer BHx through my pregnancy and my osteo suggested magnesium, and Epsom salt foot baths if they were painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Op
    I have had them this pregnancy since about 16 weeks (baby #2), my ob has said that I have an irritable uterus and my first baby was a prem born at 32 weeks. Having said that they are just uncomfortable, and go as soon as I rest so have been limited in vaccuuming and lifting my DS up. Magnesium could help, but I have also found if I'm dehydrated even slightly they are definately worse, so I have kept up the fluids and are now 37 weeks. As a guide if they are painful or you have more than four in an hour ring your middies and get checked. hth

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sehan For This Useful Post:

adearl  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the idea of magnesium. I had totally forgotten about it. As soon as I took it the pains and cramps went away within a couple of hours.