+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Latching - newborn

How long did it take you to latch your baby in the dark and laying down? My DD is only 8 days old but I'd love to nurse her laying down.. I can latch her sitting up and then transition to laying down, and we have the actual latching pretty down pat now but I need light to see when her mouth is open. I assume babies end up just doing it on their own? Sorry, new to all this! Loving feeding my little girl though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm helping.. She latched at birth on her own but left a few hickies lol. She has only gotten on herself a few times since.. I'd like to let her do it herself but didn't know that she would be able to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I helped DD latch properly while we were in hospital then probably another two weeks but at 3 weeks old she was latching herself and we did lots of dream feeding - 6 months old she can pull my top down and find her own way... it's a worry I think I'll have public nudity issues.
    8 days old is still so little but do try to see if she can help herself, letting her do the head shake fists banging squeezing thing , she might surprise you.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I put a little night light on in our bedroom so there would always be enough light to help DD attach when needed. (One of those plug in to a socket night lights.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my... Googled baby led latching and just gave it a go. Am enjoying something beautiful and amazing with my precious angel. Who knew? So calm and natural. Thanks for the heads up xx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (28-09-2012),Busy-Bee  (29-09-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I'm the same lol I have one of those plug in ones like bec said. The power point I had it in wasn't providing enough light though. Moved it last night and much better