Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Boy with a bad haircut

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Looks like a child. Though I'm figuring by the very fact that the thread was started it's a boy with long hair. Boys and girls are physically the same as kids so I don't know how people can say 'the face is masculine'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Is this a photo of the Canadian baby born a couple of years ago, whose parent's weren't going to reveal the gender?

If it is the same family, so they had two older boys with long hair who were allowed to wear whatever they wanted to eg dresses.

I'm guessing boy, only because the child's face is ever so slightly masculine.
    That couple is exactly who i was thinking about when i first saw the photo they were the ones that refused to tell anyone what sex their children are just so they can choose how they want to be. I find that very strange but each to their own i guess.

I'm assuming the child is a boy because the photo wouldn't be posted otherwise

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it you as a child or one of your boys?

My bestie's youngest is 5.yo and a son of a surfie his 12yo brother likes surfing his hair is pretty long and dead straight she'll cut it if/when he asks otherwise it's his hair and they don't see an issue with it I initially thought it a bit weird but then realised I was conditioned by society to think boy = short hair and got over it. friend was amused.

We were repeatedly told DS was too pretty to be a boy. He had lovely hair and we only cut DS hair at age 20mo because he had curls and he'd sweat a fair bit on his head like DH did and his hair would basically become matted after a nap and as he has mild sensory issues so attempting to brush his hair would lead to meltdowns and he would go to be with smooth hair and wake up with dreads as he moved so much. just got too much with a reflux baby so we shaved with the longest we could such a shame we couldn't keep it long for longer but hey stuff happens. Now when he wants it longer I remind him he needs to brush it due to knots and he asks for a hair cut he prefers low maintenance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    sorry sorry I am back!!
    No its not the genderless canadian child.It is my SON
    I just posted to see what everyone thinks....I am really getting over people calling him a girl (even in his boy clothes!) Its like noone can see past the hair.
    He loves his hair and I always ask him if he wants to cut it and he never does,plus his hair has been long for like 3 years so I cant bring myself to cut it.
    He is turning 4 next month.
    Guess I feel guilty coz he sometimes gets upset at being a girl.
    BTW I am not angry at any posters for saying hes a girl.In that pic even I think he looks like a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would mainly think he is a girl because of the fringe. Most boys with long hair don't have fringes (in my experience anyway). I won't cut DS's hair until it becomes unruly - he's blonde with curls and as we live at the beach longer hair works but it also can be a nightmare with sea and salt.

At the end of the day it's only hair if it really upsets him let him choose - he's getting old enough to understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's a boy. He has a boyish face, I think he's gorgeous! But I do agree with a PP about a bad haircut, sorry OP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha why so bad?
    He usually wears a cap everyday anyways.How the frick do you grow out a fringe???at least with girls you can clip it or headband it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I originally thought girl but only becuase of the fringe. On closer inspection I thought boy though. Boys are cute with long hair, I guess its usually girls that have a fringe though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you can't bear to cut it all off, how about a longer style that is still a little bit long? I found a pic of a boy with a style close to what I have in mind. I think your DS would suit this style because his hair is fine. My DS had long hair until he was 2y7m and he always got mistaken for a girl, no matter what we dressed him in. In fact at the pool in the change room I remember one person looking surprised when he realised that DS was in fact a boy and not a girl (rather obvious with no clothes on!!). Here's the style that may suit your DS (if it is starting to make him self conscious):
    Screen shot 2012-09-29 at 1.20.23 PM.jpg

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (30-09-2012),twotrunks  (29-09-2012)