+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default some advice needed please!!!!!

Hi Ladies
    just wondering if anyone may be able to offer some advice if you have been through this before.
    I am exactly 8 days late with af, i had a blood test at 4 days late which was negative. just wondering however if mabey it was just too early for the test to show anything, the reason being that
    * since the first day i was due for AF i have had mild cramping which has been ongoing since the last 8 days, i am starting to get fed up with it as it is more annoying than painful just thought that if i am going to get AF would i be feeling cramping for this long???? i have only ever had cramping for 2 days before it was due at the most.

*from the day i was due with af until 2 days ago i have had brown spotting on the toilet paper when i wiped so i naturally assumed AF was coming she never did.

* today for the first time i found clear stringy discharge thin not thick and no odour, i have never had this before

* on and off bloating but just assumed it is related to AF

I'm starting to worry that if i am not pregnant is there something else seriously wrong with me like menopause ( my doctor laughed because i am only 33, she said not likely ) or cancer or something i know i am probably worrying about nothing, however i have had 2 children and never had this with those pregnancies i always got positive HPT's before i was due for AF so i guess i am just wondering mailnly if anyone else has ever experienced this and still been pregnant even though blood test is negative

I know how accurate they are though so i am sort of leaning to not being pregnant but just wondering
    Thankyou if you have read this far

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    8 days is a long time to be late, but a blood test is usually pretty accurate. I had a positive blood test the day my period would have been due (after getting a bfp at home). If you still haven't gotten AF I would go back to the doc and ask for another blood test.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be a bit weirded out by it too! Maybe you're just having a longer than average cycle, and the discharge etc are just signs AF is finally coming? Hope it's sorts itself out soon, but I'd go to the dr if it continues much longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you had a blood test I am assuming that would have shown HCG.

Could you have possibly O'ed very late?

I have PCOS so my cycles are messed up anyway so I O all over the place, but I know some woman if they are stressed about something or have been sick can O late, could this be possible with yourself?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (29-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could have cysts on your ovaries. The most common symptoms of cysts are cramping, irregular cycles, spotting or light bleeding etc. Cysts are very common and 95% of the time they go away on their own within a couple of cycles and require no treatment. My husband is a doctor and I have had this problem - you can get your doctor to check by feeling internally through your vagina while also putting pressure on your ovaries with a hand on your abdomen. If it persists you can get an ultrasound but usually even when they show on the ultrasound they usually just say come back in 6 weeks and they check the size again. Sometimes if they are very large they will require surgery but this is rare. Regular Ovarian cysts are different to PCOS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your replies, i was also wondering about cysts too, i have another appointment on wednesday so i will ask about these things too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by coogeegirl View Post
    thanks for your replies, i was also wondering about cysts too, i have another appointment on wednesday so i will ask about these things too
    Hi I am having the same symptoms I'm just wondering how you went with this cycle? Thanks