+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is it just the hormones?

After a horrible relationship breakdown with my ex (of 7 years), I finally met someone else. We weren't trying, but we obviously weren't being careful and two months later I found out that I was pregnant.

I'm now 7 weeks and it feels as if all of the excitement and joy I had in the beginning for my partner is gone. Is it just the hormones that have me doubting our relationship or is it more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess it all depends...how is your relationship? How is your partner taking the news? Were you happy before the baby news? Do you both see a future together?

It is possibly just hormones, but, it could also be you reassessing for good reasons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our relationship is great, you've never met a more understanding and reasonable guy. Before we got pregnant, we were good, we were happy, until I was about 4 weeks pregnant (though I didn't know at the time). I just felt like there was something not right. Then I found out. I've always wanted a baby and so has he. He's over the moon. Right now I see us having a future together, because he treats me like a princess, he'll always love me and our child and look after us. But I think that I might be settling for what's right for my family, and not me. I don't know if it's the hormones or just me. As it is, all I do is cry, and not about him... just about everything lol I just don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds to me like maybe a case of hormones and a little self sabotage? Just a thought .. I know I did it to myself just before I married my DH. I have a track record of self sabotage and so just before I married DH I suddenly went into meltdown mode about was he the one and all that jazz. It wasn't until I had a nervous breakdown on our honeymoon of all places that I realised he is absolutely the one for me. He took care of me in such a way that I will always be indebted to him. It brings me to tears just typing it out. He was so amazing with me and patient and kind. I'll never forget how he nursed me through it.

My feeling is you're probably just afraid. When we fear we go into self sabotage mode .. anything so not to feel the fear

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (04-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So what kind of other things make you cry then? Are you doing the things you normally do to relax and enjoy yourself? Are you sleeping OK?

It is quite possibly just the hormones, if your partner's behaviour is good and hasn't changed since he heard the news. Have you talked to him about how you are feeling?

Its a major life change for you, in every way, so be kind to yourself. Don't make any rash decisions, eat well and get as much sleep as you can. If you are still feeling like this in a week or two it might be worth visiting a good GP to discuss. You could also call PANDA if you need to speak to someone directly, just to get an objective opinion and/or offload, often just talking it out to a third party can be very helpful.

HTH, hope your day gets better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with FTM & Gothel.

Pregnancy is an emotional time no matter what your situation. If the pg wasn't planned it makes us assess our situation with even more scrutiny (I was in a similar boat to you with my DS1 & now we have 3 kids!).

Don't be too hard on yourself & talk to others to get the right perspective for you xx

Good luck with it all.