+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our bub will be the third grandchild on my side, and I wasn't expecting much excitement, but both of my parents are over the moon! My dad rubs my belly every single time he see's me and is proud to tell ANYONE who will listen that he knew it was a girl right from the start even when everyone else thought it would be a boy. Mum was hanging out to go shopping for clothes so was counting down the days until my ultrasound to find out what we're having. Bub will be the first on my husbands side and I actually think my parents are more excited than his...
    So if your family is anything like mine, you have nothing to worry about :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was pregnant with both of my SIL's at the same time and we had our kids within 4 months of each other ... although the first grandchild was 2 years older than these 3. The whole family was so excited about all the children and all the pregnancies. Having them all at once increased the excitement I think.

Since then there have been 2 grandchildren - 1 was around 20 months later and we made quite a fuss about her and then my dd after a 3 year break in grandchildren and there was plenty of fuss about her. The best thing about my dd's arrival (and my pregnancy) was her older cousins excitement and involvement. They are all old enough now to be involved in the whole thing and it's fantastic.

I was the eldest of 13 grandchildren in my dad's family. I was special as I was the first and they did make a fuss of me, but I think there was a fuss about every child. There are over 14 years from the youngest to the eldest of us and I know I was always super excited to have another cousin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My son is the first for both families, but my uncle just had a little baby boy, younger than my youngest just to muddle the generations a bit but he's my grandmas 15th grandchild (if you include great grand kids) and she's just as thrilled and excited as my mum about her first grand child (My son)

I suspect partly having a baby grandchild makes my grandma feel less old that shes still a grandma not a GREAT grandma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ours will be number 10 for DP's family. We haven't told them yet but I'm not expecting them to be anything but excited. They've asked a few times when we'll be having a baby.

It will be the first for my parents but I'm worried that they won't be as excited because they think we should get married first...

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    Barefooted&pregnant - we figured that too, but she was upset because it was apparently fairly obvious they were favouring the other two whilst her child was around and thought that as they grow her child may start wondering why her cousins get more attention - she was also upset because her husband was fairly upset with his parents too, I really feel for them all
    If her Husband is upset by it I can only suggest that he talk to his parents. I know my MIL is fairly excited about this one (I think 5th/6th on her side) my FIL would be stoked but we don't speak to him- he will be getting pictures as he dislikes that his other kids haven't sent photos.. this will be his 9th/10th as he has step children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I have 13 cousins and I remember everyone being super-excited about the arrival of every single one. In fact, I think there was more excitement for the younger ones, as there were more cousins and siblings around to get excited too...
    I've got a similar number of cousins too and it was like that in my family too. I was the first grandchild on dad's side, but we got so excited about each new cousin. In fact I think the most was for the lucky last, my youngest cousin who is now 16. I was 17 when she was born and it was so exciting.