+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That is absolutely possible - just not the right psych for you. Maybe ask your GP for a referral for someone good. Where are you OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I agree with everything that's been said. I wasted months and a lot of money on a psych who always seemed to do all the talking and I felt like I was getting nothing out of it, almost a year later my depression was worse and I felt like there was no hope. My GP referred me to a different psychologist who practiced CBT and it made a world of difference. She focused more on giving me strategies to cope and having me do tasks each week to practice those new behaviors. It made a world of difference. Definitely change now before you become more disillusioned with the whole process. It's not always easy to find the right therapist for you but so worth it once you do! Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to one on drs recommendation after birth trauma and due with second. I was supposed to get 6 sessions free under Medicare and then I would pay. When I went in she started moaning about how she won't get the full amount and she will hear my story and make assessment . I said I don't care I'll pay myself I just need some help. She heard my story and told me I was in danger of it happening again and women always hurt me and I need to write a goodbye letter to my mum ..... ?? I went again and she said the same stuff, 3 rd time I waited outside her office for 45 mins and she forgot about me and I was 7 months preggo no chairs! I never went again , she was $120 an hr! Total waste of time. I went on to a wonderful 2 nd birth and did meditation for my anxiety . I know there are some fab pyscologist out there but for every 1 of them there are 100 needing help themselves I bet !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two sessions last week and she let me talk cry and she just stared at me for ages then began saying its not your fault.
    breathe like this...
    i haven't felt like she has helped. im getting worse so im off to try another lady tomorrow.
    this is scary and i wish everything would get better