+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Piercing 3yo ears

Anyone had their child's ears done this age? Did it hurt much past the initial pierce?
    Had mine done as an adult and it didn't hurt past the initial pierce but wondering how children this age cope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would say they wouldn't cope very well. It's not something I would consider for a 3y/o.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is that? A lot of my family did their girls under 1 and never even cried?!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had mine done when I was 9 with a gun. Hurt like MAD! Lol. I had it done again a couple of years ago for our wedding and it was done with a needle. It didn't hurt any more than having a needle put in for a blood test and my ears felt warm afterwards but it didn't really hurt very much at all.

So going on my own experience I'd say the pain wouldn't be a big issue but I'd be more concerned about keeping a 3 year old sitting still for it hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine were done when I was 6.

The actual piercing was finem but the after care was hell.

Due to the plated earrings, my ears got infected. The type of backing used was hard to get off a normal ear, let alone a swollen one.

I would reccomend using full silver earrings, not plated, and careful after care.

I don't think age really matters. just your childs personality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DD done at 3 as a reward for toilet training and she was fine

Now days they have special gadgets where they do both at once which puts the earrings in straight away, she didn't ever flinch and was so proud afterwards

I'm sure it depends on the child but we had no issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Both my son and daughter had their ears pierced (with the needle as I am opposed to the gun), at age 3 and they were fine. I got hoop style (surgical steel) earrings in which IMO I think helped as the ear can swell and no envelope over the actually earring like a stud can. Also easier to clean I found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i worked in pharmacy i did piercing and now i am still qualified (7 years later) what we had a lot of was girls in their early teens coming in because they wanted their earings to be even.. we had to tell them that we couldnt pierce slightly to the side until the first hole closes up (if) it closes up.
    the reason for this was as a child when your ears are pierced they can look straight. but as they grow and their ears grow at different rates the face and ears are not symmetrical so this causes them to look uneven. one 14 year old girl was really sad because she was self concious about it. So if you choose to pierce kids ears and dont want to wait til they are older just keep in mind that there is a chance they will not be even. i had my first done at 9 second at 11 belly button at 13 and third holes at 17 plus i have 2 in the cartliage of my left ear..
    Good Luck.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leishy For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (28-09-2012),LoCo  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She should be fine to have them done at 3. I've had my eldest 3 DD's done pretty early and DD1 had to have one of her ears re-pierced at 3 and didn't even cry or flinch. It's over before they know it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had both my girls done at 10 and 8 wks. No crying and no infections either.