+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Accidentally hurt your baby...

:-( I'm so annoyed at myself!!! I keep accidentally hurting DD... Not serious she doesn't even cry but I'm so clumsy!!! The other day I picked her up and she smacked on my glasses, yesterday she knocked the door, today I gave her a scratch... I get all teary and upset... half the time she doesn't care but I feel like a bad mum... Does anyone else have do this or is just me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I bumped my DD's head today for the first time and was a hot mess! Felt terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I walk my kids into stuff often. :-/ I also open cupboards into jaspers face. And Df commented the other night it's remarkable I've not once dropped katelyn out of bed (I did it to jasper heaps....) they survive. I feel terrible but they do survive clumsy parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always did/still do stab my children with my thumbnail. They are really really hard nails too. When they were babies I used to have to keep my nails really short because when I would pick them up under their arms sometimes my thumbnail would go up to under their chin and stab them. They even got afew actual cuts! Poor babies LOL but they survived. I still do it now sometimes if I bump them or dressing them, putting moisturiser on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    In my 19 years I have done it to many times to count. It is normal. What makes a GOOD mum is when you do hurt them you care.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal. The amount of time my bubs has been hit, stepped on, whacked is endless. Mind you this is from his older sister. Fear not, builds their resilience I say. And funny enough, he just still laughs historically over his sister x

Thanks
    Reviews
    :-) thank you all I feel much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My baby isn't even 2 days old, and I managed to scratch her face this morning with my nail. No big deal though...she's fine and it obviously wasn't on purpose :P These things happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I reckon I accidentally hurt my 3 yr old a few times a week. Usually it's scratching him when I dress him or donking his head on something when I pick him up...poor kid to have such an unco mum!

When he was a newborn I clipped h into the pram & accidentally got his skin caught in the clip. Didn't realise for a few minutes and could not work out what was wron with him. I think I cried more than he did!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do this all the time! The other day I was reaching behind to get something out of my backpack, and stuck my finger RIGHT into DD1's eye - she howled and howled, and it was a bit bloodshot afterwards. I was mortified cos we were right in the middle of a food court at lunch time, it was packed and everyone stared. i could not have been more on target if i tried. (she was ok afterwards thankfully)

Add to that all the times i have scratched them with my engagement ring, sat on dd1's hair when I'm tucking her into bed, knocked them over when I turn around not realising they are there etc etc. I am naturally clumsy and uncoordinated and when they are always around me, they are gonna cop it at least sometimes, poor things.