+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bed shared for 4.5 years, loved it! My son is now in his own bed, loves it, had no problems with the transistion.

Your husband will eventually learn that having kids means you do what is best for the kids, and all kids are different. My son NEEDED Co sleep. Some kids just do.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (28-09-2012),Sarelou  (28-09-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What do you do? You wake him up to get the baby, bring the baby to you, and then take the baby back and resettle him in his own bassinet. And if HE doesn't want to do that, but is more than happy for YOU to... and for YOU to be continually tired and dead on your feet and exhausted... then you say that THAT doesn't work for you.....

I can honestly say, having had 5 children in a 5 year period.... that I never got a proper sleep until we decided that co-sleeping was not only the best option, but the only option. DH did not want me to go through anything that would be detrimental to my health and ability to enjoy our family, including constant sleep deprivation... And bed-sharing worked for us. And still does.

Why does your DH want to see you, the woman he loves, in a constant state of tiredness???

PLUS- babies sleep much better and have a lower risk of SIDS when safely bed-sharing.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 28-09-2012 at 14:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH is on nightshift for tonight, sat and Sunday so it gives me a good opportunity to try and see how we go without added pressure. I think I will just explain to him that if it is what she needs right now then why should we stress her and me out when there is such an immediate solution. I will reassure him that its not a permanent thing, and how can we possibly even think about what she is going to be like in 6 months or 2 years time when she is only 8 days old? A little comfort to this massive transition isn't so much to give surely. Oh and ill reassure him about our intimacy not suffering. I think he knows this is the case anyway as I'm ready to go except I'm not healed lol! The only thing I can't understand is why she is perfect in the bassinet of a day time but not at night? Any ideas? Is it more frightening in the dark? Thanks for all your replies so far x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Maybe suggest HE gets up, brings her to you, waits for her to finish feeding, then resettles her? (Oh funny if he isnt willing to but no drama demanding you do the exact same thing.
    I can't say I'm pro bed sharing but felt obliged to pop in and say this is a darned good point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Point him to the couch if he has issues with it - nobody is going to try share it with him.

Seriously though, I think my partner wouldn't be keen either, but if it's me getting up and down all night to crying, or a baby in the bed sleeping and me sleeping too... I don't even think I'd give him a choice. I would just do it. Until he's the one with the milky breasts and the one getting up a billion times a night, he doesn't get a say IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so she sleeps in the basinette during the day... Sounds like a comfort thing, she mustn't like it at night, honestly at 8 days old just do what ever works! I like your plan hope it works for you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    photo (52).jpgAfter explaining a few things to DH and his mum agreeing that doing whatever works at this point I have faced very little arguments from him bub and I have been sleeping great at night and she is feeding soo much more throughout the night, where as in her bassinet she would only feed once all night. So I am a much happier mama.

Just one thing I am worried about, I have googled as much safety info I can on co-sleeping and know that bub should be on her back however we constantly fall asleep whilst breast feeding which results in her sleeping on her belly with her head resting on the side on my boob. Is this dangerous? I sleep propped up on two pillows, so semi reclined, with another under my arm which supports her. I'll post a pic as its her fave position day or night so I have heaps lol.

Advice appreciated.
    Last edited by Sarelou; 03-10-2012 at 20:07.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Nawwwwwwwwwwww!
    cluck cluck cluck cluck!
    She is just adorable and looks so content and peaceful

I used to lie on my side with pillows propped up behind me and have DD lie on her side facing me, she would often roll back onto her back and sleep on her back with her head turned to me and still attached (the advantage of having big, saggy boobs!!).

SpecialPatrolGroup is online now T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD didn't come in to our bed at all for the first 6 months, the from 6-12 months was in our bed a lot and then at 12 months went back to sleeping through in her cot. No bad habits to train her out of, she just didn't need to be in the bed anymore.

If it is such a big problem, get a close and secure sleeper for her so he doesn't worry, or a sidecar cot.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    She looks very comfy.

I've co-slept with 3 of my 5 boys, always falling asleep while feeding. I think she looks pretty safe to me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (04-10-2012)