+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for answering Cheerilee - sorry I quoted. I understand it is important to be careful about what you write on a public forum. I am so glad you have your children back with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL and FIL divorced 4 years ago they have teen children (my DH being much older as they married and him young) those kids were in their early teens then, it was messy terrible business. Both parents did things that personally I will never forgive or forget. The kids have been living with us on and off for ages, they now see how their parents behave and see beyond the lies, however they are not in their late teens and almost adults, so they can make up their minds.
    As for the financial side of things if she has no proof the courts will not see her side, she needs for find financial statements and accounts otherwise she will lose out on her share.
    As far as withholding the kids, she needs to get the police/layers/courts on it as that will look bad for him.
    I also suggest that her new relationship take a second seat (doesn't have to break up) but the kids will not look upon this favorably.
    Divorce is terrible I hope it works out for your friend...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ciaomamma -
    Her solicitor is looking into the financial side of things as best they can. My friends hubby is very smart so I am not sure if she will get what she is entitled to IYKWIM??
    As for with holding the kids I hope that the courts look down on this too. His defence will be that he says the kids dont want to see her. I know her oldest does not want too at the moment (he beleives the lies his dad is telling him) but the 2 youngest would want to (I think) but the father will not allow them to talk to her.
    I agree with the new relationship being put 2nd too. This relationship is why the oldest child is so negative towards his mother. Nothing started before the split but the child has been told otherwise by the dad. My friend does not involve or see her new partner when the kids are with her but she does text and talk to him. Thanks for your advise ......