+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 months old sleep regression???

My LO slept 7pm-5.30am for weeks until couple of weeks ago all of a sudden he wakes up anywhere between 3-4.30am and seems quite hungry. He goes back to sleep after the feed but only until 5.30am again! I thought it was a growth spurt but its been 2 weeks and his sleep is not improving! Last night he woke up st 3,5,6 and finally 7. He doesnt have a dummy at night but i had to settle him with one because he didnt want to go to sleep on his own! Has anyone experienced smth similar? He doesnt eat more during the day in fact even less , doesnt hang around on the boob as much any more maybe thats the problem? He doesnt get as much food as he used to? I havent changed any routine...He cries or pulls away after 5-10min of eating instead of 15-20 as he used to, i try to cluster feed in the eve. Anyone has any advice? I dont want him to get used to waking up for a feed at noght again when i know he can go until morning without obe...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh noooo i was hoping its temporary im trying to get more food in him during the day but because im bf im never sure how much he eats...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Id offer more day feeds in a quiet space. Babies at this age like to look around and feeding interrupts it.

Id also increase the frequency of the feeds. I feed my 3.5mth old hourly when awake. Sometimes more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Id offer more day feeds in a quiet space. Babies at this age like to look around and feeding interrupts it.

Id also increase the frequency of the feeds. I feed my 3.5mth old hourly when awake. Sometimes more.
    Hourly...wow. How is the night sleep? maybe i should increase the feeds. he woke up at 4 am last night again. i tried putting him to bed a bit later but it doesn't seem to make any difference...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh totally agree, could be teeth or a wonder week. Also, what state do you live in. Both my kids are waking up early about 5 am because of the birds. Next week daylight saving starts so fingers crossed things will change x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in sydney, his room is quiet at 4-5am i think...
    Can wonder week last 2 weeks? I dont mind him waking up after 5 cos at least its some progress towards sleeping until 6-7am, its 4am thats the killer cos then its hard for myself to sleep after that
    He is a catnapped during the day so really needs his long night sleeps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my dd2 goes down at 7/7.30pm and wakes once at 1am and again at 4.30am for a feed. Up for the day at 6/6.30am. I get 3 day sleeps of 1hr in the morning, 3 at midday and 45min in the late afternoon.

I feed upon waking, an hour later and again before sleeping.

Dd2 is 3.5mths old and has been having daily pattern since 6wks old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbehaving View Post
    Hourly...wow. How is the night sleep? maybe i should increase the feeds. he woke up at 4 am last night again. i tried putting him to bed a bit later but it doesn't seem to make any difference...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good day sleeper i struggle getting him to sleep more than 40min at nap times.
    Last night he was up at 4.30 for a feed then 5.30, then 6.30, then 7.30 and i gave up trying to fall asleep