+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Parking problems *VENT*

Argghhhhhhh, I work at a restaurant at a beach and the parking with school holidays/sunny weather has been an absolute nightmare. Spent 40 minutes trying to get a park today and had to park illegally so I wouldn't be late. Plus there was motorbikes parked in car spots, when the the motorcycle parking was empty and work was really really quiet so it was wtf are all the people anyway (clearly enjoying themselves on the sand)!!!!

This was all after the 20minutes it took for me to drive the 5km to work because of all the traffic. Plus public transport stinks in our area so it would take me an hour and a half and 2 different buses to get to work.

Grrrrrr not looking forward to Christmas/Summer Holidays!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I'd be walking!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trio For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, sounds like walking is the way to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buy a scooter!!

Serious!

I bought one to ride to work in the city (Melb). You can get a bluetooth head set so you can listen to music.

I would travel the highway (carpark) and skip between the cars and trucks. It was soooo super quick to get to work, and really easy to find parking. And fuel was sooooo cheap!

It is alot safer then you would think (I am ultra safety concious, and won't skip through cars going more then 20km/h, and I make sure to be as alert as possible to potential idiots on the road). But of course, if you do get hit, there is more chance of injury.

Though, (not wanting to scare you), I have fallen off once at 60km/h without any injury, other then my pride (I rode between tram tracks on a wet day, and then braked as I crossed them... Huge no no, that I knew was a no no).

Anyhow... Lots of benefits to scootering. I highly recommend it (unless you are preggo.. I am preggo and have no scootered in some time )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe unfortunately walking 5km in 30 degree heat doesn't sound appealing, and I finish at 9/10pm at night. Not looking for solutions (there are none lol) just wanted a vent hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ahh how annoying!