+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 5kg Weight Loss Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    Yep it sure is nice to have people to talk to about it!
    My current weight is 68. I was 69kg the week before.
    I'm happy with 500g to 1kg loss per week. My WL normally starts slow and then gets quicker, so I know it will be slow coming off the next few weeks, but I also know that consistency does pay off, so I need to keep up the good work!
    I'm in that weight range too, but I'm opposite, it comes of quickly at first then slows right down (probably in line with my motivation ha ha!)

So how much do you want to lose Mrsleesey? I want to lose another 10 to feel comfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 5kg Weight Loss Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    This sounds kind of like what I've been doing. "No food off limits" is my motto (out "everything is on the menu" lol). I'm trying to watch portions and only eat till I'm comfortably full. I'm finding I'm not eating much dinner most evenings.

And *no* exercise, or precious little I just can't find the time, energy or motivation. It's on my hit list of lifestyle changes but it's just not at the top lol

I'm finding it hard to be strict though. Does anyone else find that they go really well at the start and then it gets harder? I find that happens to me, once I work out what to do, I tend to postpone actually doing it, especially once the initial enthusiasm has worn off *sigh*. I need a burst of motivation. I was going well and then hit a challenging phase with dd1 plus two birthdays plus plus plus [insert any number of excuses here]...
    Hey you sound like me lol although i have found that seeing such good results has motivated me to keep going. I found it the hardest at the start. I hate that full feeling as well. I used to eat till i was over full all the time. Oink! Oink!

I hate exercising too. Accidental exercise is more my style. Like chasing DD, housework, running to catch the ice cream truck (kidding!)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 16-10-2012 at 15:04.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (17-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 5kg Weight Loss Challenge!

Welcome Gothal and littlemissellie

I have been eating healthy during the week and not quite so well on the weekends. DH and I have been riding our bikes a few days a week. I absolutely hate exercise, but find riding is fun.

I also find the motivation lacking at times, so i got DH on board to keep me motivated.

I used to be 89kg and lost 20kg with weight watchers. I've kept it off for about 7 years, but there's 5 kg that comes and goes. I got to 63kg for my wedding, then gained 5kg on my honeymoon. I've lost 3 out of the 5, but I'm not sure if I want to get back to 63. Some people said I was a bit too skinny - including my doctor.

AF arrived today, so it was good to reach my goal weight today.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (17-10-2012),SoThisIsLove  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good morning ladies!
    Well I am feeling SO MUCH better today! phew!
    Walking home form work last night (about 8kms) and weighed myself today.
    68kg on the knocker. So in 2 weeks I've lost 1kg. Sloooooow! but at least it's coming off. I am due for AF so hopefully this is due to a bit of water rentention.
    I know I have not eaten the best in the last few days though. That's an area of improvement for this week!
    Gothel - I want to get to 64kg initially. If I get a little bit lower, that would be great, but similar to Lil Smurfy - once I get to around 62kg - I get told I look a bit too skinny too.
    If I can get to 63-64kg before I'm UTD, then I will be rapt.
    I actually do like exercising. It takes me a while to get into it, but once I'm in a good routine, I love it. Spring & Summer always help with motivation to exercise!
    I have decided to use my little calorie counter on my iphone too. Helped me lose some weight before my Wedding and it just helps to know how much I should be eating!
    Happy to use it Mon-Fri & forget it on the weekends (within reason!)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    20kg is an impressice loss Lil Smurfy, well done! And keeping it off for 7 years! I lost 15kg before my wedding but gained it back with 2 pregnancies within a couple of years of getting married and I'm still trying to lose that.

You must be delighted hitting goal yay for you! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm short so 63 would be still nicely padded for me!

Mrsleesey that's a long walk, how long did it take? AF is bound to cause retention, my weight can go up by well over 1kg in the days before.

I've tried so often to lose weight by tracking, I'm sick of it! But there are some cool little apps aren't there? I'm using a simple weight tracker, and an AF tracker. I wish there was one that tracked both, so I could see the link between my cycle and my weight. Heh heh if i had enough time I would plug the figures into excel

Hows everyone else going today?

AFM I've been trying to keep busy and get past these sugar cravings. I just find if i have sugar, food is constantly on my mind. So today has been small portions and snacking on grapes (plus a small biscuit). I've had dinner already cos i was hungry. I'll weigh tomorrow morning but I'm not expecting anything much this week. kid free so will try to motivate myself for a walk I just want to get to the right side of 70 and stay there!

Thanks
    Reviews

MrsLeesy, well done on your loss. Good work walking that far yesterday. Hopefully AF doesn't arrive for you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

mrsleesey  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Gothel, i am 170 cms tall. At 63kgs i fit in size 8 clothes. At 65kgs, I'm an 8-10. I've still got thunder thighs though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    20kg is an impressice loss Lil Smurfy, well done! And keeping it off for 7 years! I lost 15kg before my wedding but gained it back with 2 pregnancies within a couple of years of getting married and I'm still trying to lose that.

You must be delighted hitting goal yay for you! How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm short so 63 would be still nicely padded for me!

Mrsleesey that's a long walk, how long did it take? AF is bound to cause retention, my weight can go up by well over 1kg in the days before.

I've tried so often to lose weight by tracking, I'm sick of it! But there are some cool little apps aren't there? I'm using a simple weight tracker, and an AF tracker. I wish there was one that tracked both, so I could see the link between my cycle and my weight. Heh heh if i had enough time I would plug the figures into excel

Hows everyone else going today?

AFM I've been trying to keep busy and get past these sugar cravings. I just find if i have sugar, food is constantly on my mind. So today has been small portions and snacking on grapes (plus a small biscuit). I've had dinner already cos i was hungry. I'll weigh tomorrow morning but I'm not expecting anything much this week. kid free so will try to motivate myself for a walk I just want to get to the right side of 70 and stay there!
    Hi Gothel!
    8kms takes me about an hour and 10-15mins. I try to walk at a good pace to keep my heart rate up the whole time.

I am 166cm tall, so 68kg is in my "healthy weight range" - but 65kg or below is where I feel my best.

I agree re the sugar cravings! If you go cold turkey for a few days though, you will find the cravings go away. Then just let yourself have treats on the weekend and you will find it much easier to control (that works for me anyway!)
    Snacking on grapes is a good idea though! My hubby and I often cut up fruit and have that after tea - when we feel like something sweet.

Good luck with your weigh-in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    MrsLeesy, well done on your loss. Good work walking that far yesterday. Hopefully AF doesn't arrive for you
    Thanks Lil Smurfy!

I have resigned myself to the fact that AF will arrive today, but one can dream.....!

I take it yours did come?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, I also forgot to say - I found some records from last year.
    I am 4kg lighter this year than at the same time last year - and by Xmas I got to 64.4kg. So I know it can be done and from a higher starting number!
    I found that encouraging and also felt that I was ahead of where I was last year (which makes me feel better about everything!) ha ha