+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 5kg Weight Loss Challenge!

Oh i have fat days too dont u worry lol!!

Its nice to have support isnt it? Even if it is only from strangers. What is your current weight? If you aim for a kg weight loss per week you are more likely to keep it off. Slow and steady is the way to go!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Oh i have fat days too dont u worry lol!!

Its nice to have support isnt it? Even if it is only from strangers. What is your current weight? If you aim for a kg weight loss per week you are more likely to keep it off. Slow and steady is the way to go!

Yep it sure is nice to have people to talk to about it!
    My current weight is 68. I was 69kg the week before.
    I'm happy with 500g to 1kg loss per week. My WL normally starts slow and then gets quicker, so I know it will be slow coming off the next few weeks, but I also know that consistency does pay off, so I need to keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Reviews

So we are about the same weight then with a similar goal weight

I havent gone one week where ive lost less than a kg. But im expecting it to slow down a bit as i get towards my ideal weight.

You will easily get to 64kg by xmas!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So we are about the same weight then with a similar goal weight

I havent gone one week where ive lost less than a kg. But im expecting it to slow down a bit as i get towards my ideal weight.

You will easily get to 64kg by xmas!!

WOW that is so good! Were you around 80kgs for a long time? And have you changed your habits dramatically since then to be losing such good numbers each week?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    WOW that is so good! Were you around 80kgs for a long time? And have you changed your habits dramatically since then to be losing such good numbers each week?
    I was about this weight before i had my DD but havent been lighter than this since i was a teenager! I was in the late 80kg range after i had DD so stayed around that weight for over a year and a half.

I feel fantastic and am getting comments from family and friends now which is soooo motivating.

Yeh ive changed my habits dramatically. I eat smaller portion sizes and dont just eat whatever i feel like lol! Eating at night was a big issue for me which ive cut out.

I dont view this as a diet but rather a permanent change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is so good - congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are motivating me to pick myself up today!
    I think I could have cried into a block of chocolate today LOL, but chatting with people with the same goals really does help!
    I know I can do it and I know it's not much, but "bad days" really make you doubt yourself!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeh i know what u mean! I always think how crappy ill feel afterward if i do eat bad food cause im having a bad day. That usually stops me, plus not having it in the house during the week helps. DH always wants snack food tho Grrrr.

If u really feel like some chocolate tho just have a little bit, will curb the craving. Hope u feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Everyone - just reading through has given me some motivation!

Well done everyone!

Today I have just cooked up some tuna and chicken patties to have for the rest of the week for dinner with salad. I also made a list of healthy lunches and dinners and plan to refer to it when I get stuck - this is when I usually revert to all ways of eating.

Thanks
    Reviews

Preperation is definitely the key! I tend cook the same or tweak similar meals and cook them on a rotation. Makes it so much easier! Ive tried to have a menu plan thats not just healthy but easy too.

I have a list of lunches and breakfadts too Babyla

Have better things to do than spend hours in the kitchen, even tho i do love cooking! Loving my slow cooker atm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have just been eating really healthy and not eating at night after dinner. I started off exercising but have slacked off but im still easily loosing a kg a week. Running around after a 2 year old probably helps

Im super strict during the week but not so strict on the weekends. I dont go crazy but if i feel like something ill have a little bit and usually plan what my treat is going to be each week.

My view is no food is off limits. As long as i eat well at least 80% of the time, the other 20% doesnt really matter so much. The old 80 / 20 rule

I cant believe how well its worked if im honest. I have found it quite easy although ive had to use alot of willpower.

I really should start exercising tho, i need to tone up a bit!! I hate working out

This sounds kind of like what I've been doing. "No food off limits" is my motto (out "everything is on the menu" lol). I'm trying to watch portions and only eat till I'm comfortably full. I'm finding I'm not eating much dinner most evenings.

And *no* exercise, or precious little I just can't find the time, energy or motivation. It's on my hit list of lifestyle changes but it's just not at the top lol

I'm finding it hard to be strict though. Does anyone else find that they go really well at the start and then it gets harder? I find that happens to me, once I work out what to do, I tend to postpone actually doing it, especially once the initial enthusiasm has worn off *sigh*. I need a burst of motivation. I was going well and then hit a challenging phase with dd1 plus two birthdays plus plus plus [insert any number of excuses here]...