+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!!! That is the best news!

Please don't say that re nausea lol. I would have taken 20kg extra weight rather than go through five months of constant vomiting! I don't wish that on you at all! I'm so happy for you, your ob appt does seem like quite a while away but I'm sure it'll be here before you know it

I've taken a break from the weight loss thing. I may get back into it when life gets a bit easier, but my hormones are all over the place atm and DD is starting to teethe which is just making life a bit stressful. I'll keep eating as healthy as I can but I just don't have the energy to make it such a focus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by justthe3ofus View Post
    Congratulations!!! That is the best news!

Please don't say that re nausea lol. I would have taken 20kg extra weight rather than go through five months of constant vomiting! I don't wish that on you at all! I'm so happy for you, your ob appt does seem like quite a while away but I'm sure it'll be here before you know it

I've taken a break from the weight loss thing. I may get back into it when life gets a bit easier, but my hormones are all over the place atm and DD is starting to teethe which is just making life a bit stressful. I'll keep eating as healthy as I can but I just don't have the energy to make it such a focus
    Yes - you are right - I should not wish for that at all! My mum has reminded me that once you have a child, there is no turning back - so hubby & I should make the most of being the 2 of us while we can! That is good advice, but it's hard to be patient at the same time!

Fair enough re taking a break. You have to feel good about doing it & be in the right frame of mind.

I hope the teething goes ok for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsleesey View Post
    My mum has reminded me that once you have a child, there is no turning back - so hubby & I should make the most of being the 2 of us while we can!
    Definitely do this!!! DH and I didn't. I was so bored with my life and wanted a baby so badly that I just wished the time away...when DD arrived I found that as much as I adored her, I really, really missed my old life. We don't get any time to ourselves now. I'm sure it won't always be like that, but definitely make the most of the quiet while you can!

When DD was 7 weeks, our SIL visited on a Saturday and casually asked, "So, what are you guys doing tonight? Gonna watch a movie or anything?" We both just cracked up and said "Um, you do realise we have a 7 week old, right?" She looked at us like we were crazy. She was pregnant herself at the time, she's since had the bub and now knows what a ridiculous question that was

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by justthe3ofus View Post
    Definitely do this!!! DH and I didn't. I was so bored with my life and wanted a baby so badly that I just wished the time away...when DD arrived I found that as much as I adored her, I really, really missed my old life. We don't get any time to ourselves now. I'm sure it won't always be like that, but definitely make the most of the quiet while you can!

When DD was 7 weeks, our SIL visited on a Saturday and casually asked, "So, what are you guys doing tonight? Gonna watch a movie or anything?" We both just cracked up and said "Um, you do realise we have a 7 week old, right?" She looked at us like we were crazy. She was pregnant herself at the time, she's since had the bub and now knows what a ridiculous question that was
    Yes, you are so right. I have been wondering what to get my hubby for Xmas & his bday (which is 27th Dec) - Maybe I will get us a weekend away or something like that. Thank you for the idea!!!!

So far this week, I'm not feeling great re my weightloss! Didn't go to the gym last night - felt tired!!!!!

Walking home from work tonight though, so hopefully feel back on track again by tomorrow.

If my weight this week is 66.5 - I will be happy! I am scared it won't even be that though after the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OH - and it's 8 Weeks til Xmas!!!!!!!!!!
    If I keep remembering that I should keep motivated!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 5kg Weight Loss Challenge!

8w to Christmas just makes me depressed lol! There us so much foods, recipes to try, parties and party food, food food food. I'm still not losing weight. Every day I wake up determined this is it and by the end of the day I've overdone it. Not by much, I'm eating healthily, but I'm eating "maintenance" amount so I'm not gaining but not losing either. Aargh I'm getting frustrated with myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    8w to Christmas just makes me depressed lol! There us so much foods, recipes to try, parties and party food, food food food. I'm still not losing weight. Every day I wake up determined this is it and by the end of the day I've overdone it. Not by much, I'm eating healthily, but I'm eating "maintenance" amount so I'm not gaining but not losing either. Aargh I'm getting frustrated with myself!

That's why I want to lose weight before Xmas - so I can enjoy the foods - "guilt free"!!

You can do it - Remember every day is a new day. If you eat a little less or even just go for a walk - you will burn more calories and you will start to see your weight go down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone, I hope you have had a good week so far!

AFM - well. Apart from my walk home on Tuesday night, I have not done any exercise. I am feeling so tired, nauseous and just all together OFF!

To be expected I guess. I have been doing so well to not eat any bad food (even though eating does make me feel better) - but I can't get motivated to exercise.... I am feeling bad about it - but I know I should rest when I feel I need too.

Oh and not to mention the excrutiating cramps & bloating I've been having. I think the hormones are wreaking havoc on my bowels & intestines... I'm either blocked up or quite the opposite (sorry TMI!)

So I am feeling disappointed that my weight-loss in the past 4 weeks & my good routine has come to a halt....

For those of you that are mummies already - do you have any advice for me?

I'd like to keep losing a little bit, but just don't have the energy to exercise like I have been in the last few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just keep eating healthy Mrsleesey and exercising when u can, usually second trimester you regain some of that energy and hopefully you will feel better soon anyway and feel like going on some walks or something.

If you do that you hopefully wont put on too much other than baby weight which you will loose straight after birth anyway

Dont stress!! and keep us updated with how you feel xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

mrsleesey  (01-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Just keep eating healthy Mrsleesey and exercising when u can, usually second trimester you regain some of that energy and hopefully you will feel better soon anyway and feel like going on some walks or something.

If you do that you hopefully wont put on too much other than baby weight which you will loose straight after birth anyway

Dont stress!! and keep us updated with how you feel xxx
    Thank you! I know you are right - I think I was just looking for someone else to tell me it was ok!