+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ceasarian at Redlands Hospital

Hi Ladies,
    Just wondering if anyone has had a ceasar at the Redlands Hospital in Brisbane. What was your care like during & after the operation? Which Dr performed the procedure? I have had a natural birth there but will be having a ceasar with bub #2 in Dec.

Thanks

Lylasmummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did! I had an emergency one in 2010. I can't remember the dr name but the after care was really good. The midwives were all really helpful getting me up and about the next day and helping with washing etc. The only thing I hated about it was I had an anesthetist who couldn't get the tube in for my epi so he spent about an hour trying to do it before calling his supervisor and all the while my bp was rising dangerously and I was having contractions trying to keep as still as possible. I don't remember his name but he was from Kazakhstan and had a really thick accent which reminded dh of that movie Borat. We can laugh about it now but at the time it wasn't very funny. He was lovely though and very helpful through the operation when I threw up in my hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did too , mine was also an emergency c-sec so I honestly cannot remember doctors names etc.
    I found the after care was fantastic. I had one extremely pushy midwife the afternoon after the birth (ds was born 6.20am so maybe by 3pm)? She insisted I had to get up and I don't remember thinking anything of it until the next day when another midwife came in to get me up and I was like "oh I have already been a few times" lol.
    I stayed 3 nights but was by no means pushed out the door on day 4. Wish I was having this bub at Redlands again but we are no longer in the catchment area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your responses ladies. Its good to know you both had positive experiences.