+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bub is measuring ahead also, was in the 90% but has dropped back to the 80% now, lol! I have a cs booked on the 16th also and I had the same concern as yourself. For me, they are not bringing it forward..... Bubs is healthy and doing fine. My advice is to rest up and try and relax for the next few weeks. If bubs decides they want out of mum, then you will know. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and just a note, one lady who did my ultrasound awhile ago made comments to me also about bubs and size etc. My ob found out and had words with her, was not her place to say anything or to worry me unnecessarily. Go by what your ob suggests, besides they know you better!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    Oh and just a note, one lady who did my ultrasound awhile ago made comments to me also about bubs and size etc. My ob found out and had words with her, was not her place to say anything or to worry me unnecessarily. Go by what your ob suggests, besides they know you better!
    That's great to hear that your OB talker to her Tinkers!! I had one friend in tears because the sonographer told her that because the baby was breech she would need to have a caesarean. Really the only thing they should be telling you is there's a heartbeat and its a boy/girl if you ask. It's radiologists who actually look at the scans and interpret them anyway not the sonographers.

How did your appt go OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    {text removed by Moderator}

Back to OP topic: my baby is measuring above 97% and my ob is also talking about inducing earlier, probably around 37-38wks. However I will be at hosp that has a SCN with this in mind. There are usually other factors they take into account when deciding how early to go rather than size alone. Hope you get an outcome you're happy with.
    Last edited by Mod-RaryGirl; 01-10-2012 at 10:00. Reason: insulting and not necessary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmh View Post
    I had my growth scan yesterday and Im measuring 3 weeks ahead baby is aprox 7lb 3oz, I said to her ohhhh look at his tiny feet and she goes "theres nothing tiny about this baby" LOL!! He also apparently has hair and chubby cheeks, anyway, that makes me measuring in at 38 weeks, does that mean my C-Section will be moved forward a week or so earlier?
    I see my OB today but just curious to know what happened with anyone else measuring this big with or without a GD baby.

Im booked in for the 16th October, but the ultrasound lady mentioned my OB may book me in at 37 weeks.

Its not the outcome we were hoping for as I was told if he is too big I wont be able to birth at my chosen hospital because its teeny tiny and has no SCN and apparently GD babies often need SCN.

Im so massive and so uncomfortable so I wouldnt argue the matter!
    They usually won't move the date earlier than 38wks for a c/section if your only medical issue is GD :-) - My daughter was born @ 38wks via c/section and had blood sugars of 0... so she needed formula feed (I was under a general and wasn't awake) to help pick them up.