+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    DH and I have just installed it on our phones. He hates it when I ring to see if he's left work to see if I should keep the kids up or not. Because if he is running late he is going flat out trying to get out of there for bedtime. So meh, works for us.
    Good idea!

I think it's a great tool if both parties consent sorry if that wasn't clear in my first post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have then installed on our phones too, they're always off unless one of us is taking a long trip, I never answer my phone with the kids in the car so it comes in handy that way. The other thing I like about it I come home to a clean house and coffee lol. But on a day to basis it would bother me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it set up on one of our employees phone....but only as he is a complete technophobe and didn't want to know a thing about it. I wouldn't use it to track his movements though, of his phone gets lost/stolen he will call me (somehow ) so I can track it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's so scary what you can do with phones now.
    You can even install spy wear where you can see everything that is being typed on the phone. You can even view the person through their phone camera and hear conversations. It's available to anyone and once you learn how to do it it takes 10-15 min to do.
    Also the person doesn't know it's on their phone.
    Scary stuff.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    It's so scary what you can do with phones now.
    You can even install spy wear where you can see everything that is being typed on the phone. You can even view the person through their phone camera and hear conversations. It's available to anyone and once you learn how to do it it takes 10-15 min to do.
    Also the person doesn't know it's on their phone.
    Scary stuff.
    omg - that's quite frightening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    omg - that's quite frightening
    Yep and it can cost as little as $50!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I would be tempted to put it on DP's phone, only because he is in the habit of going to the supermarket for two or three things.. and still not being home 2 hours later. (Whist the boys and I are starving and waiting on a key ingredient )

But- that's just temptation. I would never do it, because I would hate him doing it to me. Not that I have anything to hide- I am only ever at work or home. Or the supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husbands company has them on the vehicles and phones. It is so they can give estimated times for deliveries and job starts when customers ring.

They are also great for pay disputes over start and finish times, as they are able to see when the vehicle left and arrived. It works well for them. I guess at work you don't really have a right to privacy...

At home and with family and friends, completely different and an absolute invasion of privacy.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My partners company has gps installed in all the light vehicles. Firstly as a safety measure, in case any one gets lost or is unaccounted for. There are also strict speed limits on site, and it helps to enforce those. As a company I think they have the right to do it, as long as all the employees are aware.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd be really ****ed if my husband installed it on my phone without my knowledge ... not that I have anything to hide, but it's the secretative/distrust that I don't like. I didn't have an issue when we both had iphones and we used the 'find my iphone' ... as we both knew it was on the phone, there was nothing secretative about it.

I wouldn't mind if we had the panic button style ones for work as we work in numerous patients homes throughout the day and sometimes we've found ourselves in uncomfortable situations.