+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been so long since I got mine done, from memory refills took 40 min or so, I got them done every 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    i used to always get square
    OK, I wasnt sure as a couple of women either side of me where asking for them to be more rounded...maybe that is the new trend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally Posted by PR2bMum

Do not go to anyone that uses a mask when doing your nails. It's the best indication thwybuse products that contain mma, a banned substance. However the industry isn't regulated so they get away with it. Please ensure you sight their qualifications as well before allowing them to touch your nails.
    Yep. If they're using high quality products theres hardly any fumes.
    Hi, I would just like to clarify something. MMA isn't a banned substance. It's widely used in our medical industry and is regularly used for all sorts of things. However, the type of MMA used in monomer (liquid component of acrylics) is illegal. This is different to the type of MMA found in the powder.

As to the assertion that high end products have less fumes is not true. They do. They still stink to high heaven. Which is why ALL nail salons should have proper, electric ventilation at each station. Normally this is found built into the table.

I find the mask aspect is particular to Asian culture and has nothing to do with MMA.

A good nail tech will perform a rebalance in 45 minutes - 1 hour.
    Last edited by happy wanderer; 27-11-2012 at 02:53.