+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default ***fluff warning***

I have a 3yo and a 4yo and yes the twos were fairly dreamy in comparison but maybe I have just blocked it out

Yeah they can be a flipping challenge somedays. They crack it over the slightest thing sometimes, its their way or the highway, and sometimes it turns into such a battle of wills. No it HAS to be the star wand, not the love heart one, and my arm got tangled in my fairy wing so I'm gonna scream blue murder for 5 minutes and then completely get distracted by a butterfly

H.o.w.e.v.e.r...(fluff warning) the flip side is ... their little lisp-ey voices saying how much they love you, the sloppy drooley kisses, the pictures brought home from kindy. And the funny comments like why do some of the little girls in the changing room at the pool have "tails", or drawing pictures in the stars, when THEY read YOU their favourite story or dress themselves in their own clothes but get everything clashing *and* backwards *and* inside out.

One minute I would happily give them away, the next I kind of crush them with a hug heh heh.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I have a 3yo and a 4yo and yes the twos were fairly dreamy in comparison but maybe I have just blocked it out

Yeah they can be a flipping challenge somedays. They crack it over the slightest thing sometimes, its their way or the highway, and sometimes it turns into such a battle of wills. No it HAS to be the star wand, not the love heart one, and my arm got tangled in my fairy wing so I'm gonna scream blue murder for 5 minutes and then completely get distracted by a butterfly

H.o.w.e.v.e.r...(fluff warning) the flip side is ... their little lisp-ey voices saying how much they love you, the sloppy drooley kisses, the pictures brought home from kindy. And the funny comments like why do some of the little girls in the changing room at the pool have "tails", or drawing pictures in the stars, when THEY read YOU their favourite story or dress themselves in their own clothes but get everything clashing *and* backwards *and* inside out.

One minute I would happily give them away, the next I kind of crush them with a hug heh heh.
    So true Gothel, they are so darn cute even when they are difficult.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep tantrums.
    Although now my DS1 is 3.... I would be happy to have the terrible 2's back lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Terrible 2s didn't really exist for me. 3 and 4 was far far worse - when she had the verbal skills to chuck the biggest wobblies ever, in public, and for people to see she was not 2 and therefore instead of looking at her thinking, "Ahhh... Terrible Twos..." they would scowl and, IMO, think, "Terrible mother... control that bloody kid!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Terrible 2s didn't really exist for me. 3 and 4 was far far worse - when she had the verbal skills to chuck the biggest wobblies ever, in public, and for people to see she was not 2 and therefore instead of looking at her thinking, "Ahhh... Terrible Twos..." they would scowl and, IMO, think, "Terrible mother... control that bloody kid!"
    That's so true, my 6yo chucked a tanty in coles and I'm sure I got that "terrible mother" scowl despite the fact I thought I handled it quite well haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 2 is where you start feeling guilty all day everyday . Your in a battle from dusk till dawn , trying to balance disapline with love . It's not just the damage they start doing and the defiance it's emotional and younger grey hair popping up faster than you can retouch them. 3 worse for ds and ds2 is 18 months and has been a terrible 2 er for the last month do he is early ... Ha ha. I love my boys with all my heart but wow they are a handful now and I feel guilty saying no all day ! Give me a baby and my blood pressure is normal. , give me a two year old and I'm hearing my heart in my ears by 3 pm! Ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice on having 3yo ears pierced

What was other people's experience? How did the child go? Was the initial pain over with quickly?
    Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally, i find under 2 way harder than anything we have faced under 2.

It is a different stage with different requirements...but, just like we baby proof and have reasonable expectations of our babies...we need to do the same for our 2/3/4 year olds.

AT 2 and 3 and 4, things still need to be kept out of reach because the little ones don't have the reasoning skills to be gentle all the time. They do get tired in the afternoons (especially if they have given up their day time sleeps) and we need to allow for that. They do want more say in what they do...so we need to find ways to give them some power and responsibility without letting them take control.

I feel, a lot of the perception about "terrible 2's" etc comes from having too high expectations upon what they are capable of.

Sure, there can be a tough day here and there, but for me...once they are talking and showing their own style and personality it is WAY better and I have loved every year more and more.

DS is now 8 and DD is now 2 (thank goodness!)