+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    babies soooo easy ..2's a bit tricky..3 holy crap!!!..4 apparently is worse....

then tweens ..then teens

babies are the easiest!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree. Baby stage was easiest. I laugh when I hear people complaining about baby stage... Just you wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this op my dd has been exactly how you describe since she started walking at 9mths..... But now shes two and i finally understand, she is so defiant its her way or the highway and constant tantrums AHGHHHHHHHHHH (insert pull hair emoticon)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was talking to my best friend about this. We both have 2 year olds. DS is turning 3 in December. Neither of us believe the terrible 2's is that bad. I don't find DS's behaviour any more trialling than when he was 1. I'm sure that I'll get double the trouble when he's 3 though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    *sigh* DD entered the terrible twos at 2 days old and at 5.5 I'm still waiting for them to pass... I think if she co-operated with me one day I would faint with shock.
    Omg this made me laugh so much! No offense. I understand, DD is 8mo and has looked at me from day dot like "Yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?" I'm not looking forward to her learning the word 'no'! She has plenty of ways to say that already lol!
    Also I nannied a three year old and we called it "triple terrible threes". At two he just roared at everyone, three was hell, four much better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TnA For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TnA View Post
    Omg this made me laugh so much! No offense. I understand, DD is 8mo and has looked at me from day dot like "Yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?" I'm not looking forward to her learning the word 'no'! She has plenty of ways to say that already lol!
    Haha you have one too huh? I'm dreading the teen years like its the apocalypse...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe the term has now changed from terrible twos to testing twos and now ts terrible threes!!

I couldnt understand what every1 was talking about the 2's, my DS was a gem!! But then along came 3! I was shocked at how my quiet well behaved angel just up and changed overnight! I mean he is still a very good boy and I'm sure that it is worst for others, but even on the best side of the terrible 3's he is still quiet challenging at times. Not so much with tantrums, but everything else like just putting on pjs can be a struggle. I cant really explain it cause is sooo well behaved usually, its like suddenly he has become sort of independent, and if he wants something (be it a toy, or a drink or a sandwich) then he cant undertsand why he cant have it.

I thought I was lucky (and I probably am as DS is more of a quiet boy) but I tell you what, I am bracing myself for not only the 4's but the rest of it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I tend to think all age stages alhave their challanges! My two are 8 and 4 and sheesh its hard some days from the 8 yr old with attitude and then they bring home school attitude and behaviour being around so many kids during the day.
    I even find some adults testing haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh, you just wait, hehehe.

My son has always been a beautiful natured boy. He's just turned 2 last month and just in the last few weeks he's been pushing the boundaries slightly.

His favourite is "no no no no no no!!", to which I ignore.
    He's suddenly very squirmy and tries to sit/roll/jump while changing clothes. I firmly tell him to stop, you must stand still, etc.
    He's just getting quite cheeky, not in a bad way, but definately trying to figure out where he fits in this crazy world. No tantrums as such, just mini meltdowns like crying for no reason if he wants something.

I'm not changing my discipline, so hopefully one day he'll realise that whatever he does won't change the outcome.

(I don't think of it as "terrible" two's - not yet at least!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    Lets see, in the last few days my ds (almost 3) has..
    shoved a dvd in the dvd player and destroyed it, gotten into the dvd case about 15 times after being told no repeatedly, sprayed powder all over the house, unravelled a whole roll of toilet paper, drawn all over the walls in permanent black marker, gotten the toilet brush and wiped it all over the tv, ripped up a couple of library books and other assorted bits of rubbish he found in the bin, wrecked the curtain cord, gotten into the freezer and emptied items all over the dining room, thrown more tantrums and gotten in more fights with his 5 yr dd than I care to remember..
    dd was never like this, so every kid is different, but yep, I'm calling it terrible 2's
    Temet I have nothing except that was exhausting just reading can't imagine cleaning all that mess up. They are like little tornadoes hey.