+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    They are just more. More demanding, more noisy, more distracted, more inclined to whinge, more defiant.

Yep, just more. Then comes the 3's which in my opinion is so much worse. Yet hard to describe. But I don't think that's what you want to hear. sorry.

My DS was an absolute gem while he was two. Still exploring his boundaries but definitely a well behaved two year old. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with him because he was such an angel all the time.
    3 so far has absolutely been the most frustrating with "NO!" all the time, temper tantrums, and refusing to do what he's asked no matter how nicely.

Ahh well, that's what we get *chuckle*.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are just heading in to the "torturous 3s"... Ill take the "terrible 2s" over the "torturous 3s" anyday...... I can handle a tantrum, its the blatant refusal to do things, ignoring requests and pushing boundaries that does my head in!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (26-09-2012),LoCo  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On the bright side 4 has been not too bad, the closer DD gets to the 5 the better her behaviour has been.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    On the bright side 4 has been not too bad, the closer DD gets to the 5 the better her behaviour has been.
    Unfortunately my dd didn't get her memo about 4/5 being better, she is still, well lets just say a little spirited at nearly 6. My first two were so damned easy compared to her. Though she is the light of my life, just a little 'more'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to agree with PPs about three being way worse! My boys at two were ok, but three year olds are a breed of their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    *sigh* DD entered the terrible twos at 2 days old and at 5.5 I'm still waiting for them to pass... I think if she co-operated with me one day I would faint with shock.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Damn it, I was feeling all smug about DD being a very lovely 2 (and not terrible at all), until I read people saying that 3 was when it all goes wrong!

So far so good... No real tantrums, and generally quite agreeable/ happy. for when she turns 3!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often wonder what people mean by the terrible twos as I haven't come across anything really bad or terrible yet and my boy is 2 1/2.

Of course he is cheeky and whiny at times but listens if I count to 3. He has never thrown a tandrem once but does the dead weight flop when he doesn't want to do something.

Not all kids go through the terrible twos quite a few kids in my mothers group have similar natured kids to my DS. Although one or two are tandrem throwing and smash things on my DS head or everything is mine mine mine. All kids are different. I'm trying to get my DS to stand up for himself.

I think its more when they're 3 / 4 when they have go through behaviour problems that I'm not looking forward that I see commonly at playgroup and cousins' kids etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    We are just heading in to the "torturous 3s"... Ill take the "terrible 2s" over the "torturous 3s" anyday...... I can handle a tantrum, its the blatant refusal to do things, ignoring requests and pushing boundaries that does my head in!!
    I prefer to call them "the f###ing awful three's"...

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (27-09-2012),IndigoJ  (26-09-2012),Maybelline  (26-09-2012),onionskin  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally agree - anyone want to swap a two year old for a three year old? Crikey she's testing my patience!