+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HELP Fitting a safe n sound unity capsule to impreza hatch

i have a 2010 subaru impreza hatch, and we've bought the safe and sound unity baby carrier to go with the steelcraft stroller. we have followed all instructions, and it just doesn't seem stable, has anyone got this combination, or is this one that just isn't compatable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    which kind of steelcraft pram have you got?

Thanks
    Reviews
    its a steelcraft terrain eclipse, its got three wheels. it clips into the stroller fine
    the issue im having is with the capsule, not being stable on the actual car seat , its our first so pretty much unsure of everything atm, ive no idea how "stable" it should be, were taking it to the fitter place tomorrow to ask them, but it just seems to have an awful amount of side to side movement, and i read in the book that it is not compatable with certain seats (doesnt say which ones tho)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this combination but my imprezza is a few years older. Initially we had this problem and the way to fix it is to get a little metal clip (i think it's maybe called a H clip)from baby bunting, big w etc. It's a bit difficult to describe but the clip attaches onto both the seat belt that rolls out near your shoulder all and brings it down and attaches to the lap belt near to the door. I'm sorry that description isn't very clear. The fitter will definitely be able to do this for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As well as Moppet's suggestion of the clip you may find it helpful if you put a rolled up towel under the seat. I found in our WRX it was a bit unstable because of the backwards sort of slant in the seat so a towel underneath helped even the surface out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We needed a towel when our carseat was rear facing...if you had an installer look at it I'm sure they would fix it up for you, it is a pretty common issue!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

AngelicOne  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Towel, h-clip and making sure the anchor strap isn't too right. If you pull it too tight it pulls the front of the seat up and destabilises it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have a Subaru Impreza Hatch, 2010 model same as yours.

The back seats are quite steep, so you definately need 1 or 2 towels underneath the car seat to pad it out a bit, otherwise there's a huge gap and it's not too stable.

If you're worried AT ALL, call RACQ or Ambulance Service, or one of the Bubs Baby shops - they all have people who can fit your car seat properly, and show you how to do it. I think we got a guy through Bubs baby shops who we paid $60 for a private call-out to fit our car seat when our baby arrived early, before it was fitted.

We're about to sell our Impreza - not sure if you've noticed yet but the anchor point is right at the back of the boot, and takes up heaps of space. When we add #2 baby in a few months, the boot will be rendered useless, lol. We didn't realise when we bought our car pre-baby!