+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just puree it all in the food processor - as he's gotten older I find I'm pureeing it less, but I just chuck it all in together. I've also used fish and mixed with veg too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I have found that store bought has a much smoother texture that homemade and bub can get used to that. I'd just persevere with homemade and he'll get used to it.

I do a combo of BLW and mashes with DS2, and with meat, he gets strips or bones to suck on/chew, fish I flake and he feeds himself and then I also do meat and veg casseroles and just blitz a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 7-9months he can eat pretty much anything. I find DD hates bland food, a bowl of mixed steamed veg gets little interest, a bowl of roast veg and gravy however...
    We make her spag bol a lot and she loves tuna mornay. She's eaten chicken stir fry, Chinese banquet, ossobucco, lamb stew, quiche, fish and mash, etc. Some things I blitz others I now chop to a fine texture, but she prefers to suck on a piece of meat than have it blitzed in. Steak is her all time favourite, with mash and peas on the side!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD drove me up the wall with this. I would spend all this time making these baby ragouts and making the same flavour combo purees as the store brought ones and mine would be spat out or she just wouldn't open her mouth, and bloody heinz and rafferty's gardens would go right down the hatch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    DD drove me up the wall with this. I would spend all this time making these baby ragouts and making the same flavour combo purees as the store brought ones and mine would be spat out or she just wouldn't open her mouth, and bloody heinz and rafferty's gardens would go right down the hatch.
    Yep, that's my ds.
    How longing did that last?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Until i started giving her finger foods or foods with more lumps. It cost a lot for those few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks all. I think I found a combination he likes: puréed creamed corn (the lowest salt one and just a little bit), plus puréed boiled potato and broccoli/cauliflower that was steamed and frozen together.
    So far he opened his mouth for it!