+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ECV - please share your experiences!!

Im 36 weeks and bubs is still breech. Got a growth scan soon and then may be offered an ECV if my ob is happy with everything. Has anyone had one done? Was it successful? Is it distressing for the baby? Any complications?? Would love to hear from anyone that's had one done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KCT
    I had an ECV at 38 weeks. After the 3rd attempt it was successful and my DS turned however about an hour later my waters broke and I started to bleed. I was then booked in for an emergency CS and monitored for the rest day until it was time for the CS. The baby was never distressed during the monitoring and I was strangely very calm and relaxed. I was the exception to the rule. This had never happened to my ob before and he is very experienced. We did have compilations with DS after he was born which were not directly a result of the ECV but I believe that he was born before he was ready. I am now pregnant again and if this baby ends up being breech I won't have another ECV. I am not anti ECV but I wouldn't do it again. If I were you I would way up the pros and cons and make whichever decision is right for you. Don't let people push you into either decision. You need to be confident with your own decision. 18 months later and I have an adorable perfectly healthy DS. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Went to do it .. Decided against . Felt wrong to do .. I figure she was in this position for a reason ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one done in an attempt to turn my footling breech. It wasn't successful, but other than my tummy feeling a little bruised no adverse effects. Bub's heartrate was steady before and after and he didn't seem bothered by it at all. I was glad that i'd attempted it, as (as well as other methods eg chiro) i had done everything i could to avoid a caesar (my ob was happy to deliver frank or complete breech but not footling). Went into labour 4 weeks later, bub still footling, delivered via c section and is healthy and happy.

Would i do it again? Not sure on that one. I'm no longer as fearful of birthing a breech as i was then.

If you're interested, there's a facebook group for breech support i can direct you to. It's Australian based and they are there for support and information whether you choose VBB or c section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I have had 5 attempts with the Webster technique. One more try next week. Apparently they usually give it 6 goes. Bub is measuring bigger than my first and she was 9pound or 4 kg. so I guess that's why they don't think it will turn on its own. Got an ultrasound on tues and ob will then discuss options and risks for ECV. Thanks for sharing your experiences. They have given me lots to think about. I guess a csect would be a total last resort for me. I really don't want one and will do just about anything to avoid it......but just obviously not if there's,any risk to my baby.