+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Im not 'sick'

In the last 10 months ive lost 16kg. Without trying.
    Ive always been pretty active, playing soccer and touch footy.
    Mind you, i eat a lot of junk too lol.

But anyways, I believe its all down to stress.
    Ive got blaring headaches, my eye sight is compromised, im down to 48kg, feel sick all the time and am so off food. Im a little worried, as i have a 6 yr old DD with her own issues to care for.

But what can i do???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    See your GP? It could be something like a thyroid disorder or diabetes or just stress like you said, but would be best to get it all checked out by your doctor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you had your thyroid checked? Being Hyperthyroid can cause the things you've mentioned and also give you a feeling of being 'foggy' in your head. It could just be stress, but I thought I'd throw this one out there for you to think about. I hope you are feeling better soon

Thanks
    Reviews

Please see your GP. 16kg is a lot of weight loss, especially if you haven't been trying, and with your other symptoms, it sounds like there might be something else underlying.

I don't meant to worry you, but this is something you should definitely get checked out. You shouldn't be feeling sick and off your food all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That doesn't sound normal at all, it doesn't sound stress related either. I think you should deffo get checked. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely see your GP. I've lost weight from stress before, I think I lost about 8kg, but I was overweight even when I'd lost that weight. And the way I lost that weight from stress was cause I didn't feel hungry and I didn't eat. I was eating some junk food at the time, but overall I wasn't eating as much as previously. 16kg is a huge weight loss!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi livingonaprayer, I would def go and get a some blood tests done. That is a big amount of weight to just loose so quickly, and if you have been eating 'junk' your metabolism might need to be boosted or something. Stress can cause weight loss, but it would be better to have things checked out. Your daughter needs you above all else. hugs, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i agree with above comments about getting your thyroid checked. Is Hyperthyroidism in your family? Ususally if you suffer from that tho you are constantly hungry and eating like a horse, Heart races, hot flushes, headaches, Loosing weight and not gaining, insomnia.

If its stress or anxiety related (which i suspect because you have gone off food) then i would advise you speaking to your gp about how you are feeling and mention that you are concerned with your dramatic weight changes. The first thing they will do is take blood to look for any deficiencies.

Do you need to maybe ask for a break? some "you" time? I know it's hard if you dont have anyone reliable to depend on. You sometimes do need to put yourself first if you're not feeling 100%, especially if you have a little one to care for also.
    I hope you will be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your comments. I should have mentioned that i have had tests done, thyroid is fine, negative for diebetes, celiac was inconclusive. Im ment to get a stomach biopsy once i get to the top of the weighting list, but i do honestly think its just stress,

I just dont feel like eating. I feel tired, sick, blurry.
    Ive had a lot of stress this yr with divorce, an ex who's just stolen a lot of money from me, my daughters offical autism diagnosis etc.

Ive tried the relaxation music, doing things i like, resting etc but its not working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Did they mention why the coeliac test was inconclusive? And, those symptoms you mention can be signs of coeliac. I would be getting a biopsy if I were you. In fact I have to have one next month. I am really scared about it, but it needs to be done. I was losing heaps of weight at one point, and it ended up being an autoimmune thing. Anyhow lots to think about, I agree with everyone else, I think it needs further investigation. Good luck.