+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice on 12 Week Growth Spurt

Hi ladies

My Dd is currently going through her 12 week growth spurth although she has passed her 12 week age mark, seems as though she is still going through this phase. She is irritable at times, her sleeping patterns aren't consistent and sometimes she'll feed more (breastmilk) or less. She has also been constipated for a couple of days. I do not have a set routine with her at the moment as things are currently upside down with little bub. I'm just taking things as they come along.

I find this "spurt" quite confusing as a first time mom, I'm not always sure what to expect and how long this will last.

Just wanted to find out if anyone has gone through a similiar experience and share some stories. Any advice on growth spurts with your bubs would be great

Sydney's Hills District
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was only unsettled for a couple of days for his 3 month growth spurt, but I remember his 6 week growth spurt going for about a week.

Once they get to 3 months of age, they can easily go 7 days without a poo. DS had a period (just before getting sick at 4 months) where he was only going every second day and seemed constipated, but I don't think breastfed babies get constipated. It seemed that way at the time though.

Hopefully your DD settles soon!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Exclusively bf babies can go 10 days without a poo abd have no health probs.

Its the same deal as a 6 wk spurt. Lots of feeds and erratic sleeps. My almost 4mth old is all over the place but it does settle down in 7-10 days.