+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Please help me find an amazing hairdresser Brisbane Northside!

I'm a sahm and on a budget so can't afford where I used to go (Oscar Oscar).

For the past 3.5 years I've been going to a lady who has a salon just around the corner and I met her through my old job. She's lovely, she's really cheap and refuses to charge me to cut my dd's hair...

But I hate to say it she does a terrible job of my hair! I go to her because I like her and want to give her my custom... but I just never like the results for me. I want a hairdresser who has the confidence to give me hair advice... I appreciate the professional opinion. But my hairdresser is too afraid and just does exactly what I say - nothing more or less. And I don't know what's best for me as I'm not a hairdresser!

And if I try to describe how it used to be cut at Oscar Oscar it just never works and I end up with a disaster cut. (communication breakdown!)

I just want a great haircut by someone I can trust to do a good job. I know these people are out there so please tell me who you love to go to (on the northside of Brisbane) and totally trust. (who doesn't cost $100!)

Cheers all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't get why you keep going back if you're not happy with her.. I'd hardly expect a cheap hairdresser to be able to give you the same service & results Oscar Oscar give you by the sounds of it. I tried many hairdressers in northside Brisbane and when i found one finally that did my hair how i liked, i stuck with her.. but unfortunately had to pay $$$ .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have we been going to the same lady around the corner? I recently asked loads of friends who cuts their hair as I was sick of my $25 haircut looking like a $25 haircut! Lol. I ended up going To Stefan's and am really happy with what I got , and all for $40 (which I'm more than happy to pay for if the cut is great)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (26-09-2012)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure how far out on the Northside you are willing to go but I go to a wonderful lady named Roxy Dawson. She currently works out of a salon in her house in Morayfield but sometime in October she is opening a salon in Burpengary. She does an amazing job and is really quite cheap compared to most of the others. I decided to go back to blonde 2 years ago so went to a hairdresser in a shopping centre and they charged me $300 for a full head of foils and a haircut and because it was so dark to begin with it went a horrible shade of orange. My mum recommended her to me and she fixed it and only charged me $80 (full head of foils and cut). I have been going to her since. If you are outer north you should give her a call http://roxydawson.com.au/contact-roxy/ Good luck! Finding a good hairdresser at a reasonable price is so hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go to Eltajada at Wavell Heights and have found them fairly good. They charge $40 and they have always been much better than every other cheaper hairdresser I've been to

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I don't get why you keep going back if you're not happy with her.. I'd hardly expect a cheap hairdresser to be able to give you the same service & results Oscar Oscar give you by the sounds of it. I tried many hairdressers in northside Brisbane and when i found one finally that did my hair how i liked, i stuck with her.. but unfortunately had to pay $$$ .
    Well I certainly don't expect the same service and results as Oscar Oscar!! Crikey!!

But I know that there are some very talented hairdressers who don't work in big name salons. And the way to find them is word of mouth.

And why last 3.5 years? Because I've been focussing on other things during this time (other than the state of my hair) and a quick trip around the corner for a cheap trim has been fine enough for me until now.... but NOW I'm looking for someone a bit better.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rochelle at Lawnton hair and beauty

12. The Following User Says Thank You to grandmummy For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can not think why anyone would want to use Roxy Dawson far too many customers have stopped using her so that speaks for its self. The problem with Roxy is she does not listen to what you say or want and just does it the way she wants to do it. I was disatisfied too may time so I stopped going to her! My advice is just shop around until you find someone who does your hair just as you want it to look with just a bit of professional advice thrown in. There are plenty around who do a good job at a reasonable price and not to far from home.