+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First timers?

Hey fellow territorians, just wondering if I am the only person in Darwin pregnant with their first child ? Would be good to meet some others in the same boat as me! Take care ! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rusty!
    Yay, there are others. Congrats!! I'm early too (11 wks 1 day)
    how have u been feeling? What's ur due date? I literally haven't found anyone else from Darwin who is around about the same stage as me..!
    Talk soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds good, add me on fb if u like and we can arrange something..
    i was the same, Terrible nausea and tiredness a few weeks ago.. But now I'm coming good. Still a bit tired but no where near as bad. And yep, I was having to eat every 2 hours to avoid feeling sick! Anyway talk soon
    Last edited by Lovemysons; 28-09-2012 at 15:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey,

I will be moving to Darwin in 2 weeks time from brisbane, i am also pregnant, 15 weeks, due date is 23rd march.
    I would love to meet some other mums to be.
    I am from the uk so dont have many friends in Australia as it is.

what areas are you all from, i think we are looking at renting a place near palmerston or the cbd.

Ive had terrible tiredness but my enery is slowly coming back and i dont feel sick anymore. yayy!!
    i even managed to do a 5 hour mountain climb this week - maybe wasnt the greatest idea as i hurt alot after for a couple of days but was very proud of my self.

anyway would love to get to know some mummies to be.

Emma xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emma,
    First of all congrats!!
    Im 12 weeks on Wednesday, due 17th April. So so excited!
    Live in Palmerston. It is fantastic but some suburbs are better than others. Are you moving for a specific purpose ? Yeah it'd be good to make friends who are going through the same things as I am! Take care ! (ps. Mountain climb!??!! The thought of that exhausts me !! ) lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats to you too!!

my partner has a new job there and he loves darwin so wanted us to move there.
    yer defo need some friends otherwise ill go insane!! and it'll give me more excuses to go home to the uk if i dont settle well.

haha it was def exhausting, but well worth it. i wont be doing it again anytime soon.lol

great well keep in touch. My email is emmsy1986@hotmail.com or my facebook is Emma Ridley.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I found u

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New in Darwin

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. We'll be moving to Darwin when I'm 35 weeks, I'm in Perth now, due 12th May. I'm a first timer and not from Australia so we'll be on our own up there! We will come up to find ourselves a rental place sometime in March I think, looking at the Palmerston area. I'm hoping to find myself a parttime job but I have no clue how to find day care before I get to Darwin! Do you have any experience with enrolling into child care centres during pregnancy? Are there long waiting lists? It's gonna be hard if I don't even know what area we'll be able to find a nice rental place in
    Last edited by Miepesiep; 13-02-2013 at 15:56.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: First timers?

I would be finding somewhere now, as they fill up fast. Either that, or try find a family day care centre. I'm no longer in Darwin, but in Perth, and my DP and I struggled to get his DD into daycare up there (it was a requirement at the time of their previous parenting plan). I would ring around the area you intend to move to and enquire. Let them know your situation. Most are willing to help, but be careful, as some day care centres are military priority. They have signed a contract with the military, so you could get bumped back if you aren't defence, by someone who got crash posted...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First timers?

Thanks smidget and Rusty, that's very helpful! We're looking at the Palmerston area because DH's project will be 25 minutes further south so CBD and Casuarina areas will be too long a drive. We're not too picky given that it's only gonna be for 1.5 yrs, but we're bringing two cats as well AND have to stay within company budget
    What's the difference between Family Day Care and the other options of day care?
    Thanks again!