+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default VBAC Obstetricians in Brisbane

I have just found out that I'm pregnant for the second time, which I'm delighted about. My first birthing experience ended up being an emergency cesaerean. THis time I am determined to give birth through a vaginal birth. My first birthing experience I felt extremely pressured by my obstetrician to make certain choices. THis time I would really like, well deserve an obstetrician who I feel I can actually trust. Preferably, I would like to have a private obstetrician at either the Wesley Hospital or North West Hospital. If you can recommend someone, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a message, so that I have somewhere to start. I'm also willing to hear suggestions for the Mater Private, even Sunnybank Private or anywhere else where a positive VBAC experience took place.

Also, just out of curiosity did anyone have a private doula attend to them whilst they were having a VBAC?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had both Dr Terry Sheehan and Dr Jaimie Freebie from the Northwest, they were both very pro vbac... couldn't recommend them highly enough!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Viola2  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for this info. I really appreciated it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Dr Doug Keeping who delivers at the mater. He has over 40yrs experience and is very pro VBAC even with twins and breech

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna82 For This Useful Post:

Viola2  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also used Doug Keeping after an emergency csec first time around. He was wonderful. No expectations or talks about 'the risks'. Very open to letting it progress naturally - no continual monitoring forced, I went 9 days over with my third and there was no pressure to book a cs, it wasn't even mentioned. I used a doula for number 2 (Cheryl Sherriff - awesome) and number three just me and DH.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little_P For This Useful Post:

Viola2  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: VBAC Obstetricians in Brisbane

Hi Viola, did you find an Ob? I can also recommend Dr Sheahan at NWPH as very pro vbac and great ob, wonderful hospital also.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Viola2  (26-10-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Op, sorry I can't help you with suggestions of an OB but I would definitely suggest having a doula for your VBAC. If it weren't for my doula I don't believe I would have had the amazing positive VBAC I had. She was awesome and has alot of experience. I can PM you her details if you are interested, she was amazing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

Viola2  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    THank you for sharing your experience. I have made an appointment with Doug Keeping so now I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    THankyou. I've made an appointment with Dr Sheahan now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully, I've chosen the right button to send a reply to you. My computer seems to be losing messages and placing them elsewhere. Perhaps a user problem??
    THankyou for your post. I really appreciate it. It would be wonderful if you could send me the name of your doula as I will definitely need a positive person to support me through as well as being a voice for me at the time. Many thanks in advance.[
    QUOTE=Theophania;6867620]Hi Op, sorry I can't help you with suggestions of an OB but I would definitely suggest having a doula for your VBAC. If it weren't for my doula I don't believe I would have had the amazing positive VBAC I had. She was awesome and has alot of experience. I can PM you her details if you are interested, she was amazing [/QUOTE]