+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bronchiolitis - how long should we stay away from other babies??

DS 10&1/2 months has just come through the worst of Bronchiolitis for the 3rd time in the last 4 months 😟His wheeze has been gone for about a week now and he's been back to his normal self for about 5 days. He does still have the occaisional cough, but from experience this can linger for weeks and weeks.....How much longer should I keep him away from things like Playgroup/Gymbaroo? The only reason I am feeling like we shouldn't go is in case he is still contagious and may infect others or that others may think that.... He is definitely feeling well enough to play.Due to his bad run we've missed about 7 weeks of both and I feel bad for him because he really enjoys these activities and is well enough to go.Anyone have any knowledge about how long after this illness peaks it is safe to mingle with others??Would you go to Playgroup/Gymbaroo in this situation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would take him. my theory is if they are happy you should be right. My little fella suffers attacks of this too and childcare are happy to have him back once he is happy even if he is still on meds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Correct me of I am wrong. Really please do so but dd2 recently had bronchialitis so I looked it up. I'm still confused but I think it said something like bronchialitis itself is not contagious but the virus that caused it is. Meaning that bronchialitis is a secondary infection caused by a cold or whatever so when the cold or flu is passed IT's contagious period so is bronchialitis. Not sure but that is my understanding. Either way I think once bub is on the mend I would think then would be a good time to assess yourself and make a judgement call.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks guys, I have since spoken to the nurse at our medical centre and she has confirmed what you have said. She said if he is feeling well and in good spirits take him. Only keep him home if he is feeling unwell and therefore needs to rest. Thanks again! πŸ˜„