+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rudeness of some fertility clinic staff

Just a vent here!
    IVF is expensive and can be emotionally and physically draining from what I'm beginning to find out and read from other ladies experiences.
    I am seeing a great FS and his two receptionists/nurses are great! However when I go next door to get blood work or new drugs most the women there are horrible to deal with! Rude and unhelpful. Every time it's unpleasant and I'm dumbfounded as to why they need to be so difficult? I suspect some tension between them and my FS's staff but seriously what has it got to do with us?

Anyway disappointing and when your paying so much and for such a sensitive matter you would expect better customer service.
    Lucky my FS is good else I would be changing.

Any others had any bad experiences?

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's horrible, and completely unacceptable! Any tensions should be covered up with professionalism, no way should patient feel like that. Could you ask one of them what the problem is? Much easier said than done, I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op,

Sorry that you have this added stress on top of what is already an emotional situation. Is the place where you get your bloods and drugs the same place? For the bloods, although your fs will give you a referral for next door for bloods you should be able to go to any pathology collection centre even if it's a diff company. Does the fs give you the script for new drugs or is this done next door ?
    If like me you wouldn't feel comfortable complaining about the staff next door could you say to you come up with a plausible excuse as to why you might like to go elsewhere for this part but still remain under his/her care?
    A friend of mine had terrible trouble with her clinic but like you her fs was great so you are not alone- it could even be the same clinic.
    that all goes well with your next cycle.you are in my thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the end it's not a big enough concern to change clinics but geez talk about wet blankets!
    It's the same place where I get my bloods and any script pick ups. It's very convenient having it all in the one building. Just annoying how a few ladies there seem to always wake up on the wrong side of the bed, come to think of it whenever I ring in the nurses are never around either. Service just sucks. I recently found out my FS receptionist was also a nurse so I just ring and ask her any simple questions now.