+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A question for any airline staff or experienced overseas travellers out there????

I just booked an overseas holiday on airasia and realised. I only put first name and last name on the online reservation not my middle name. My middle name is not on the plane ticket but is on my passport...Will this be a problem?? stressing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya. I work in the industry and it really depends on the airline you're travelling with. Some are very strict about full passport names and others you are ok. I don't book with Air Asia, but book alot of full service Asian carriers and some are ok - like Thai Airways who allow you to travel excluding middle names - and some not ok - like Vietnam Airlines who will charge reissue fees or, in extreme cases, full price ticket fees to reissue the new name.

My advice is to check the conditions on the ticket, in particular regarding changes. You might be able to change the ticket to include your middle name for a fee. If you can't find the info contact the airline to check. The last thing you need when checking in for your holiday is to be turned away or charged a new full economy ticket.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angiebear74 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (25-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok I don't work in the industry but when we booked our last flights to the US (a few months ago) the consultant for Flight Centre told me (becuase I asked out of curiosity) that as long as your first name and your surname are the same on the passport and on the ticket then you're all clear. Middle names don't get looked at .. so she said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had to change my brothers recently, flying Singapore airlines... Cost about $350 all up to change those tickets and some train tickets they also got. The travel agent said it would prob be ok, but obviosly couldn't promise, so brother and father decided to have it all correct jut in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely call the airline and check. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We book with Air Asia a lot - and yes you do need to match your name to that on your passport. You can go back in on the website and edit this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have flown a lot and have never, ever, put my middle name down when booking flights. I've probably been on more than 50 international flights with different carriers and have never had a problem. I had never even considered it before now!

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Leprechauns View Post
    We book with Air Asia a lot - and yes you do need to match your name to that on your passport. You can go back in on the website and edit this.
    I have tried this and it will let you edit your passport number, phone number etc but not your name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelini View Post
    I have flown a lot and have never, ever, put my middle name down when booking flights. I've probably been on more than 50 international flights with different carriers and have never had a problem. I had never even considered it before now!
    So is your middle name on your passport but you don't use it when booking tickets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had my middle name on my tickets as far as I remember, so no problem.

My passport is still in my maiden name and I've had tickets booked for me often (by DH and both of our families) who use my married name. I've never had a problem, I just take my marriage certificate and they change my boarding pass to the maiden name at checkin. I've never been charged any fees for it (although if I notice it I do try to change with the travel agent or whoever beforehand) but I guess I'm just lucky in that regard. Just checked this friday's itinerary - my in laws got it right! Yay! Off topic, sorry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (26-09-2012)