+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've flown domestically a few times with the kids and never had to provide birth certificates but I did have them on me cause I think I read someone on here talking about it.

I would pay the full fare if they're over 2, flying with kids can be stressful enough without potentially having that drama at check in etc. Plus I'd rather they be in their own seat anyway, squirmy little critters!
    Last edited by ICanDream; 25-09-2012 at 21:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    I work for an airline.. and just finished training.

we are told to ask for a birth cert if in doubt. We will offload you if we discover you lied, and you will have to buy 2 whole new tickets,

The other trick is to ask the child.. if they are talking we can say.. ohhh how old are you.. and some say.. 2...

busted.

I agree, it's it worth the risk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've never taken birth certificates with me, but then again I haven't flown with my kids near the age of 2. I recently had my 11mo dd on my lap for a 2 hour return flight and I cannot wait til she's old enough for her own seat. I don't care if I have to pay, it's better than having my big heavy, squirmy toddler on my lap. I thought the rule was that if they were under 2 they HAD to be on your lap ... I don't want to take an interstate holiday next year cause the thought of having an 18mo on my lap for a flight is enough to stop me. I don't mind paying for her seat (we can always have a shorter holiday or whatever), but I don't want her on my lap again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    So are people saying we need their birth certificate as well as their passport? Shouldn't the passport be enough??
    Just wanted to answer your question! A passport is more than enPugh as it clearly states the birthdate of the child. We have flown internationally and domestically with dd since she was about 7 months and I just take her passport every time incase we get asked. I think the birth certificate is more for bubs who don't yet have a passport.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What happens if you have no birth cert or passport for the child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Flying with 2 year old on your lap..

Is inconsiderate to the person who is sitting next to you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    I've never taken birth certificates with me, but then again I haven't flown with my kids near the age of 2. I recently had my 11mo dd on my lap for a 2 hour return flight and I cannot wait til she's old enough for her own seat. I don't care if I have to pay, it's better than having my big heavy, squirmy toddler on my lap. I thought the rule was that if they were under 2 they HAD to be on your lap ... I don't want to take an interstate holiday next year cause the thought of having an 18mo on my lap for a flight is enough to stop me. I don't mind paying for her seat (we can always have a shorter holiday or whatever), but I don't want her on my lap again!
    No, you can buy a seat for your kid even if they are under 2. Sometimes it's tricky online so you have to ring the airline but we do it all the time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

mim1  (26-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest.. I'd be to scared to lie because if they ask for proof that they're under 2 and you either don't have it or they actually aren't under 2 they can force you to pay for another seat (which is fine) but we'd be screwed if there was no seats together left on the plane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    What happens if you have no birth cert or passport for the child?
    Then if they believe the child is 2 or over and you can't prove it they'd make you pay for the seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    Then if they believe the child is 2 or over and you can't prove it they'd make you pay for the seat.
    Good thing nobody asked with jasper! He was 23 months and Quite big for his age. That Would have sucked. But like with the kids now if we flew and someone asked for their id and we didnt have it its not like theyd go "well how do we know these are your kids?" Or nothing like that? Its just to prove their age?