+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just been o/s with DS who turned 2 just days before we travelled. Yes he had his own seat and he has his own passport.

People said 'ow you should have gone before he turned 2', but quite frankly, I could not have travelled with him on my lap from about 18 months old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids wouldnt pass for under 2 once they were over it as both are tall big kids.
    I flew with DD2 in march when she was 15mths and was asked to produce proof she was under 2. Luckily i had her birth certificate with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad this thread came up - am flying with my 20mnth old DD shortly, and would never have thought to take her birth certificate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We always buy our kids a seat from the age of around 10 months. But that's o/s so longer flights. Over the age of 2, on domestic flights you pay full fare, international is 75% of full fare. Taxes are usually a bit cheaper too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I always took DD's birth certificate with me as proof of her age. It was requested of me once, so I'm glad I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So are people saying we need their birth certificate as well as their passport? Shouldn't the passport be enough??

Thanks
    Reviews
    i've never ever been asked to provide a birth cert... interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We flew with DD1 when she was 7 m/o and we were asked for her birth certificate. Clearly she didnt look 2 however we were told that we needed proof she actually belonged to us. I didnt have her b/c on me but showed my medicare card. The check in person said she would let us fly but before returning home we had to go to the police station and get a stat dec stating she was our child. I didnt bother getting a stat dec and didnt get any questions on the return flight. I always take a copy of the b/c with me now when we fly anywhere though.

OP in relation to your question I would definitely pay for my child once they turned 2. Wouldnt even occur to me not to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I flew with jasper when he was 26 months old and it crossed my mind! What annoyed me was when he was getting distressed on take off and I asked for a strap to attach him to my belt (I'd only flown 3 months prior) and they said they couldn't he HAD to stay in his seat. So to calm him down I breasts fed him. Wanna know how easy and totally not awkward breast feeding a toddler sitting next to you is with a guy sitting next to you. It was fantastic. Though not once in maybe a dozen or so times I've flown with jasper have I been asked to present id for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work for an airline.. and just finished training.

we are told to ask for a birth cert if in doubt. We will offload you if we discover you lied, and you will have to buy 2 whole new tickets,

The other trick is to ask the child.. if they are talking we can say.. ohhh how old are you.. and some say.. 2...

busted.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (25-09-2012)