+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddler still wakes for + bottles!

I need some help getting my dd to sleep better, she is difficult to get to sleep at night, often takes us till 10 after starting at 7-8, is up between 6-7 each day after waking at least twice for bottles, and normally a few times more where she resettles her self or once I go in and give her her silky comforter.

I think getting rid of the bottle would be a huge help, but everytime we try to deny her a bottle she will scream for hours on end, we try laying with her patting her, rocking her nothing helps until we are so exausted we give in.

It dosent help that Im 5months pregnant and still suffer from 'morning sickness' that likes to get worse when I'm tired!!

Any suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you tried water in the bottle instead of milk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How old is your DD?

We were having heaps of problems with DD (who just turned 2)...same as you it seems; taking ages to get to sleep, constant waking, hard to resettle.

Last week we gave in and got rid of the daytime nap and things have settled really well!

Not sure if that is an option for you?

Good luck, sleep is so precious and we went 2 years without it and i am hoping I start to feel myself again soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't tried water, will give it a go!

She's 26 months, would have helped if input that in have already cut back her day sleep to 1.5 hours-given a choice she will sleep 3! May need to cut it back further or completly, thanks for the suggestions!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is so hard!

My DS happily slept 2-3 hours during the day and still went to bed at 7pm and slept till 7am until he was 4.

DD, well, she has been trouble lol I am hoping that once we sort out night time that we might be able to reintroduce day naps (but i think that is a dream lol) but at the moment we are having some quiet time in the arvo and watching playschool and just making it through till 6.30pm for bedtime. She gets really hard work by about 5pm but, it is worth the trade off for 20 minutes settling at bedtime.

When i changed my DS from milk to water overnight, i started watering it down gradually so it was less noticeable...then, once it was all water, i taught him where i put the bottle so he could get it himself and go back to sleep without me.

Good luck! Fingers crossed we both get to sleep through again soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD2 is 22mths and goes to bed with a bottle but if she wakes crying for another 'bot' she gets told 'time for sleep no more bots till tomorrow'

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, just thinking...Water or milk in the bottles? Do you at least swish their mouths with water before they sleep so they are not going to have milk in their mouths (it is really bad for teeth as it decays them) or brush teeth?

Is worth acting to change it now to save some serious dental bills later