+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Getting braces off in a few weeks :-D

I've had them for about 2yrs, 1mth and 1wk once I get them taken off (not that I've counted)
    So excited and nervous. For those that had braces what was the first thing you did or ate when you got them off. I'm looking forward to biting into an apple and cob of corn. Chewing without pain. No more ulcers.
    In a way I will miss seeing them on me but won't miss feeling them on me. Did anyone else feel this way and actually miss them?
    My teeth still are not perfect. As in perfectly perfected bite. But they are straight and I don't have an open bite anymore hooraah!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay!!I remember that feeling. I had mine for 3 years and had 2 jaw surgeries in between. I can't remember what I ate - was a few years ago now but I do remember smiling - a lot!! It's all I could do infact! And I took my orthodontist office a bag of redskins to celebrate!!Good luck, it makes all the pain worthwhile to finally see results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was supposed to get 2 jaw surgerys too but I opted out which is why they are not absolutely perfect but still a good job considering how bad they were without surgery. I've been told they will feel slimy? Ok I will probably not be able to stop smiling too

Thanks
    Reviews
    sushi is on my list of foods to eat when my braces come off, and salad wraps cause I can't eat either of those. I've only had mine since may though so a while to go for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have a whole lot of choice in regards to surgery. Only 2 of my teeth were actually touching when I bit so eating wasn't so easy then!! Plus I'd started to have uneven wear on my teeth which would have resulted in multiple root canals. So just braces wasn't going to cut it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't actually remember what I ate/wanted to eat first after having my braces removed, but I do remember my teeth feeling huge and slimey! Oh and it felt weird not having to dig food out of the sides of my mouth with my tongue after eating too.

It's an awesome feeling getting them off, you won't miss them at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I remember my teeth feeling really slimy too. And I was kinda depressed because the retainer I had felt HUGE and made talking even harder at first. But I think it was an unusual retainer.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldnt stop smiling and i bit into an apple and had minties, felt so weird but great. How exciting for you.