+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Days leading up to labor...

Hi, just wondering how did you feel during the days leading up to labor?

Were you nesting? Vomitting? Lots of BH? Contractions every now and then? Baby moves less? Or nothing at all and it just suddenly started with regular contractions?

WIth DS I was induced and I felt NOTHING different at all, none of the above.

I am 38 weeks now and just curious about how you actually go into labor spontaneously and what happens before labor.

Thanks

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was so sure labour was not going to start anytime soon, no BHs, no pains, nothing, then ......gush, waters breaking on my lounge room rug (it's ok, the rug survived) while the fudge was boiling away on the stove. Contractions started slowly a couple of hours later.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

tubster  (24-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi tubster, I'm 39 weeks with no.3. As I recall I get moody and a bit sad , have bowels just empty really well , I think I was sick and lost my mucus plug the day before and then I leak a bit of fluid ..... Sounds gross !

How are you feeling? I'm a bit nervous about it all but looking forward to it being over and seeing my little girl. Good luck , I wish you all the best . xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember feeling constipated for a few days before going into labour but didn't think it was related and in fact was out shopping the day before giving birth and was told by the shop assistant that I didn't look like I was going anytime soon!

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Buttercup80; 25-09-2012 at 07:35.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was cranky, tired and over it.

People in my D.I.G. were going into labour before me that weren't due for another three weeks! I turned everything off & went shopping for a couple of days

Went to the beach & went for a huge walk, then ate pineapple & indian curry. Next day, labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the same boat OP, 39 weeks and waiting waiting waiting...it's very boring. So far I have only had a big increase in BH's, some shooting pains in my inner thighs (started aftr a long walk yesterday), feeling very lethargic and unsociable, and feeling like I need to go number 2 often (although its never loose, if anything I feel constipated!). So over it and so bored sitting around waiting for some thing to happen good luck to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was emotional, tired and cranky. I felt constipated, my BH were very strong for a few weeks before, I couldn't get comfortable and sleep was a thing of the past. I had a s&s and started getting irregular contractions that day, then throughout that night had a few that woke me up. They built up over the following day. I'd already lost my plug but started passing more 'bloody show' until full labour kicked in around 9 pm. DD was born at 12:17!

Thanks
    Reviews
    100% normal. On my due date I had two friends over for lunch and was telling them how sure I was that I would go a couple of weeks over as I felt great with zero signs of impending labour. Went into labour at 11pm that night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My waters broke both times spontaneously. I get alot of back ache on the lead up for a few hours.. now its been almost 10 hours since waters have broken and im getting irregular contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was having irregular contractions (2 min to 1 hour or more, mostly 15 min apart) on the Sunday & Monday. On the Tuesday morning my water broke (trickle) and I was still having irregular contractions 2 - 15 min apart. Then I was induced on the Wednesday morning.