+ Reply to Thread
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is it normal?

I just got my BFP on Thursday, and I know that everyone feels worried in the first few weeks, but how can you tell intuition and just thinking the worst will happen apart?

My first beta was 297 with p4 552, then my second one (3 days later) was 1147 with prog 560, so it's obviously looking good on paper at the moment, and I am trying sooooo hard to be positive, but I keep getting that heart sinking pang that something will go wrong.
    I don't go for another BT for a week!

It still partly feels like AF is lurking and sometimes it feels like any symptoms I did have are fading, so it obviously makes me worried. I keep feeling 'moist' down there and always worry that I will see pink or something when I wipe, but it is always just creamy/sticky cm.

I just hope it isn't my intuition telling me not to get too happy just yet and that it is just regular first time IVF mummy nerves.

Please tell me it is normal to feel this way!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I felt exactly the same, after the ivf rollercoaster...it is very hard to relax into pregnancy.

Try and distract yourself best you can and chat lots on here, it helps to voice the fears from my experience.

Congratulations on your pregnancy

PS I got my happy ending and my lil ivf miracle just turned 2...happy endings are VERY common so hold on to that thought

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks River Song! I think it just also makes it hard when you have had a loss before. You just keep wondering "well why would it work out this time?".

I just wish my clinic didn't make me wait so long between bloods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, we had a few losses before our little princess...it is such a hard but hopeful time

I did lots of poas and might have popped into my gp for an extra blood test lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DisneyBaby!!

Im so thrilled to hear u got ur BFP!!! I also got mine only last Thursday and when i read ur post i thought "oh my god thats ME!!" So i just wanted to let u know that u are not alone in crazy town!! After 5 full stimm cycles I honestly never thought I would be here and now im so scared that it will just all go away!! I guess that we are so used to heartbreak and negativity when something good happens its hard to believe it! I guess we automatically are preparing ourselves for heartbreak as thats what we know!! But we have to stay positive and think every day gets us closer to our miracle ending!!!

I hope it gets easier for u!!

And best wishes for ur next BT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

your numbers look perfect to me. its hard not to worry especially after a loss...TBH i was worried with my first bfp as my third BT was not showing a good rise....and i lost that baby about a month later, i felt really nervous most of the time even tho ppl were saying oh dont worry youve seen that HB etc etc, ..second bfp i just felt more confident and decided to be positive and put up a ticker etc despite being superstitious cos i thought **** it , even if it turns bad this baby deserves recognition IYKWIM....but after all the odds are that everything will be ok. congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I have just finished my 1st ICSI cycle and the emotional rollercoaster is even harder than I ever imagined! I really thought the 2WW would go by fairly fast, but I'm struggling and it's only been 3 days! I have had no bleeding or spotting so far, so I felt pretty positive, but I have aches in my lower pelvis area, my lower back and my thighs which I usually feel when I am due for my period of having a heavy period day. I am not due for another week and have to have my blood test next Thursday. I spoke to one of the IVF Dr. who told me 'not to worry' (fat chance!) because I can't do anything about it and it would be too early to have these period-like symptoms, but since I have been prodded and poked, maybe this is just my body reacting and I am noticing 'every little feeling'. I don't think so because during the day, I don't feel this soreness, but at night, I am so uncomfortable. I am checking myself 'down there' several times a day for blood. Has anyone else had these symptoms? I have also been told that the progesterone (Crinone) I am taking could cause bloating and headaches, but it should not cause soreness-I was secretly hoping it was all of the hormones making me feel this way.
    How do you ladies handle the bad news from the blood test? I am scared I will fall apart? How do you keep the strength to keep trying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I just finished a cycle (looks like it was a chemical preg) and I got close to what you described shortly after transfer, felt like my period was on the way even though I was no where near due for it. I can't remember if I had the same for my successful cycle for DD but I know from obsessing on google/bubhub that it is common. Just see it as a sign your body is doing stuff (hopefully the stuff you want it to be doing)

I took my bad news quite well, but I had success first go for DD so I think that was a comfort, knowing it COULD happen. I was prepared then though that it might not work. What I used to do when I was on clomid and disappointed every month was do all the things I couldn't do while pregnant once I knew I wasn't - eat soft cheese, sushi, bleach my teeth etc....it was a small bright side, but a bright side nonetheless. Good luck on your journey, may it be short I have my latest transfer on Tues and will be in your position again soon