+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Choose my house colours....

    We are going to paint the outside of our house. I've been scouring the net looking for white on white colour schemes but can't find any with actual paint colours/brands...

    Does anyone know any white on white colour schemes?

    Our house is california bungalow, timber.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Mod-biscotti's Avatar
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    16,304
    Thanks
    1,712
    Thanked
    3,742
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My house is white on white

    I think our colors are Dulux antique white USA, Dulux natural white and Taubmans Surfmist.

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    My house is white on white

    I think our colors are Dulux antique white USA, Dulux natural white and Taubmans Surfmist.

    Cheers
    Sounds divine! We have Antique white USA inside which I love.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,466
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    35
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Sounds divine! We have Antique white USA inside which I love.Thanks
    I had to jump in....We just painted our whole inside antique white USA with Vivid white trimmings and love it!!I want to do our outside Antique white USA too!! Good luck choosing your colour scheme.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I had to jump in....We just painted our whole inside antique white USA with Vivid white trimmings and love it!!I want to do our outside Antique white USA too!! Good luck choosing your colour scheme.
    Thanks! I was worried Antique would be too white but it is the loveliest, creamiest white, I was so happy with it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,466
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    35
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks! I was worried Antique would be too white but it is the loveliest, creamiest white, I was so happy with it
    Because we did our skirting ect. with the "vivid white" it makes the Antique look so nice and creamy. So maybe if your did full on white with it, it would take the whiteness away (which is what using vivid white did for us) ... You could go to a paint shop and get them to "photoshop" the colours onto your house. That way you can get a better idea of what you like.....Really sorry about the no paragraphs!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Because we did our skirting ect. with the "vivid white" it makes the Antique look so nice and creamy. So maybe if your did full on white with it, it would take the whiteness away (which is what using vivid white did for us) ... You could go to a paint shop and get them to "photoshop" the colours onto your house. That way you can get a better idea of what you like.....Really sorry about the no paragraphs!!!
    Both great ideas

  8. #8
    Mod-biscotti's Avatar
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    16,304
    Thanks
    1,712
    Thanked
    3,742
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Sounds divine! We have Antique white USA inside which I love.

    Thanks
    My pleasure

    Quick suggestion - if you go for a drive and look at display homes and find an exterior colour scheme you like, they will usually tell you what colors they are

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7,878
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked
    5,160
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    My pleasure

    Quick suggestion - if you go for a drive and look at display homes and find an exterior colour scheme you like, they will usually tell you what colors they are
    My weekend is sorted! Thanks!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Kitchen colours, your thoughts
    By Guest1234 in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 18:52
  2. Bugaboo special ed. Colours
    By RubySunrise in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 11:09
  3. What colours?
    By Jarylee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-06-2012, 07:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates
TPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and post natal services as well as physiotherapy and Pilates. All clinics offer child minding services so bubs are always welcome!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!